Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Remove Mailskinner.rtk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Oasis

Oasis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hey!
I have problem with mailskinner.rtk. I just cant remove it...
I tried with spybot many times and after I reboot my computer it's back again. But spybot S&D deletes it successfully.
I tried to delete it in safe mode too, but it was back again in normal mode. How can I remove it? Is it dangerous?
P.S. sorry for mistakes, I dont speak English :flowers:
Have a nice day :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

Spybot is misidentifying the files. You have Kaspersky--right? See the discussion in link below.
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry442448

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

This is a false positive detection, it came about following Spy-Bots recent update download.

Regrds,

Tony.

Edited by Bonneville, 30 September 2007 - 04:09 PM.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#4 Oasis

Oasis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, I have one more question about this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/m....exe-13171.html

''This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry''

So, all I have to do is to delete Run, RunOnce, RunServices and RenServicesOnce from there? This is this virus?
I need to know that because, if I delet something wrong I can destroy my Windows...you know :thumbsup:

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:35 PM

You don't have a "virus". Spybot is MISidentifying the files. Those are Kaspersky files. Either wait for Spybot to correct their error or tell Spybot to ignore those files.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Oasis

Oasis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

You don't have a "virus". Spybot is MISidentifying the files. Those are Kaspersky files. Either wait for Spybot to correct their error or tell Spybot to ignore those files.

OMG I thought this is a spyware or virus...mailskinner.rtk :flowers:
But what is this than?
Thanks for telling that, this is not a virus :thumbsup:

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,617 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:09 PM

False positive
Synonyms: False alarm

A false positive is another way of saying ‘mistake’. As applied to the field of anti-virus programs, a false positive occurs when the program mistakenly flags an innocent file as being infected. This may seem harmless enough, but false positives can be a real nuisance.

* You waste productivity due to user down-time.
* You may take e-mail offline, as a security precaution, thus causing a backlog and more lost productivity
* You waste even more time and resources in futile attempts to disinfect ‘infected’ files. And if you load a backup, to replace ‘infected files, the backup appears to be infected too.

In short, false positives can be costly nuisances.

The term is not confined just to the anti-virus world. It also applies, for example, to anti-spam protection, where it refers to the misidentification of a legitimate e-mail message as spam. This too could be very costly, since the undelivered e-mail may be a business critical message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users