Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Windows Bugg

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

ok my problem is ahortly after i installed a vista theme (Vista Transformation Pack 5.5) that a friend gave me so that i can get the black main bar vista have...

after i installed it it dident work for some reason so i deleted it again but the vista clock stayed and shortly after almost all my network fonts were in some arabik language and i have no idea how to fix it!!

im running windows XP media edition and really wanna fix this without reinstalling windows since i dont wanna have to get everything back on my computer (WoW really takes a long time to download all patches again and other things). so if anyone could plz help me i would really appriciat it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:19 AM

The quick fix is probably just to do a system restore. Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and select a date before the damage.

These can be undone. No personal data will be lost. Only programs or themes that you have installed subsequently will be removed.
Microsoft MVP Shell/User

#3 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:14 AM

The quick fix is probably just to do a system restore. Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and select a date before the damage.

These can be undone. No personal data will be lost. Only programs or themes that you have installed subsequently will be removed.

will this also remove bookmarks and other small things on the internet?? since i did get some files i use for WoW after this happend but i have a back up for it so ill try this

#4 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

No as I recall it does not touch bookmarks -- at least not in the XP version.

Remember if you are not satisfied with the results, just run it again and choose the "undo" point which is created when you do it the first time.
Microsoft MVP Shell/User

#5 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

General question: Are Vista themes compatible with XP ? Or, is this one made for XP ?

#6 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

General question: Are Vista themes compatible with XP ? Or, is this one made for XP ?

it is a theme pack made for XP since my friend also have it and it work fine on his computer but i have media edition so i dunno really

#7 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

thx alot for the help i did the reset thing to a few days before i instaled the theme pack and everything is ok now (except my WoW has freak out so i deleted it and will reinstal soon)

thx alot guys :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users