Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Account Profile Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fried okra

fried okra

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:28 PM

When I open user profile accounts under control panel, it only shows 6 accounts.When I open user profiles under My computer/system properties/advanced, it shows 7 profiles, one called account unknown. Interestingly the memory used (gigabytes) is exactly the same as one of the known user profiles. Is this normal?

Moderaters, if this is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one.

Thanks,

Fried Okra

I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Home edition Version 2002 Service pak 1. Everytime I've tried to upgrade to service pak2 I've had (more) problems with my computer.

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum and merged posts ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 30 September 2007 - 03:42 PM.

Arguing on the internet is like trying to blow out a light bulb!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSteele

JSteele

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:45 AM

fried okra,

This is normal, the "unknown" account is a user account that was on your machine at one time that was deleted (from user profiles in the control panel). You can simply delete the "unknown" account from My computer/system properties/advanced and regain the space it is taking up on your HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users