Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Website - 007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

Something to raise your interest. Recently, whilst surfing, I cam across a computer help site called VistaX64. As Vista and its problems are my major interest, I browsed through the forum.
Has anyone else discovered this site? It operates very mysteriously. You can register and get your activation in the normal template way. After that all info on the site dies. Again, as in all the templates, it offers the chance for voluntary donations.
There is no access to a list of members. There is no link to a list of Admins or moderators. In fact there is no nothing! It operates quite normally - no complaints there, with moderators and Administrators popping in from time to time.
If any of the (I think 4000) members did wish to make a donation, it seems they would be making it to a blind alley.
This is purely curiosity. If I am not happy with the site, then I don't visit! - simple. But I remain overwhelmed with curiosity.
By the way, there is no forum for site feedback, so recently I sent an e-mail to the site, asking for some details before donating. I received no answer!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Well, here is the "whois/GoDaddy" info on the site owner: GoDaddy - Vistax64.com.

I agree - the site doesn't have any "administrative" Forums section where you can ask questions or discuss the board.

I guess that's the way the owner wants it. Odd though that you don't get any response when you send them an email.

Maybe your Spam filter got it?

I wouldn't donate anything if I didn't have at least some idea where my money was going, but maybe that is just me.

Dunno.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

Curious. No link of consequence there. It only leads to a street address in the UK, occupied by a web hosting organisation.I think I'll give it a miss - it's a bit of a "flaming " site anywayi

Edited by uhaligani, 30 September 2007 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users