Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Downloading IC Solutions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 kdr108

kdr108

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

Hi,
I'm having a problem downloading a software called IC Solutions. I always get a database has failed to update massage, and even though it let's me continue with the install, it always takes hours (when it should only take a few minutes) and it freezes comstanly, making it unusable. It is necessary for my job. Its version v7.21.
I admit that I have played around with my computer, (a lot) and have probably deleted something that I shouldn't of. I am running windows xp home addition, and a freind suggested that maybe I should be running XP Pro. But when I tried to download this it gave me and i386 error message and wouldn't download either. I've been on line with tech support from the company and they can't figure it out even having taken over my desk top. I've done everything in the preparation to post a hijack log, but I haven't been able to figure out how to post the logs for review. I hope that someone can help me with these issues that I am having.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:19 PM

Do you have or previously had an earlier version of this software? Double check Add/Remove programs and make sure you don't have a version installed that might be corrupt. How are you downloading the program? I would suggest downloading it to the Desktop, then go into safemode and install from there. That way you're sure nothing's running in the backround that could interfere with the installation. Make sure your cookies and security settings are set to medium
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kdr108

kdr108
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:21 AM

I can try that, I've been just trying to download off of a disk.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:05 AM

From a private message:
"I tried to install it in safe mode but I get the same errors. First it says data base upgrade failed. then it says microsoft mshtml.dll.registration failed, then when i tried to autorun it I got the error a sibvice attached to the system is not functioning. c:\documentsandsettings \owner\desktop\ICSv7.21(E)\setup.exe. "

What exactly is this program and what's it used for? Is this an original program CD or a copy? A quick search says mshtml.dll is used in Internet Explorer. Which browser do you use and what version?
Mark

Also please recheck the last error, ie.- sibvice (?)

Edited by garmanma, 30 September 2007 - 08:09 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 kdr108

kdr108
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hi again,
Yes it is an original cd, and I'm using windows xp home edition. What do you mean by check the last error sibvice?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hi again,
Yes it is an original cd, and I'm using windows xp home edition. What do you mean by check the last error sibvice?

In the message you sent me you said when you tried to autorun it you got an error: a sibvice attached to the system is not functioning. c:\documentsandsettings \owner\desktop\ICSv7.21(E)\setup.exe.
Mark
I assume you meant to type "device"

Edited by garmanma, 30 September 2007 - 01:06 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

You can try running system file checker and maybe even repair Internet Explorer
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair
If that's a nogo, I'd post a Hijack This log. It's a possibility
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
At the bottom of the preparation page is a link to post the log
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

Hi kdr108,

I have split off your HijackThis Log and moved it Here.

This topic will now be closed, since you have a log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users