Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6 And Ie7?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:10 PM

Hello All,

I hope this doesn't come off as a silly question or one that I should ALREADY know the answer to (if I kept up on ALL the previous posts etc.) but I can't be sitting at my computer 24/7 searching to see if my question has already been answered. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about looking for the answer before posting my question but I just don't have the time OR the attention span required....and I am not trying to be funny as I DO have concentration and attention issues.

Well, HERE GOES.....

Is it possible to have BOTH Internet Explorer 6 AND Internet Explorer 7 installed as separate browsers and used individually?? If the answer is yes, how do I do it? If the answer is no please don't laugh at me!!

My question arises as the result of a notification by email of a post by "Yourhighness" regarding certain apps that work until you install IE 7. One of the apps mentioned was Thunderbird by Mozilla.

Here is the "link" to his topic that appeared in the email notification i received:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...view=getnewpost

Okay, I have asked, and now I count on the expertise of my fellow "BleepinBuddys".

BTW, I consider it a PRIVELEGE to have access to SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE on SO MANY COMPUTER TOPICS!!!!

Thanks and PEACE TO ALL!!! :thumbsup:

trumpetman (John)
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:17 PM

It can be done, however the stability is not what I would call great, and there are numerous workarounds required. But if you have the time and attention span issues you mention in your post that you cannot do your own research. The work arounds and research required to make this happen is definitely not something I suggest you undertake. But if you insist on trying this, take a look here: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1188/ie7_use_ie6_ie7_together. Also http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/11/3...le-machine.aspx

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users