Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Qlbctrl.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jceac

jceac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

I was trying to figure out whether unticking the HP QuickLaunch Buttons (qlbctrl) on my startup list would have any effect on my fn keys combos so i decided to experiment. i unticked it, and sure enough, when i restarted my computer, some of the fn keys wouldn't work anymore namely fn+ esc (sys info), f1 (help & support), and f6 (lock comp). all the other ones seem to work. when i realized this, i decided that i would just leave qlbctrl running then. the problem is when i re-ticked it on the startup list and restarted my computer, it won't start anymore. i tried to go to where the file is and run qlbctrl manually following the file path on the command line but that doesn't seem to do anything either. How do I get it to run again?

I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks!

Edited by jceac, 29 September 2007 - 07:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:18 AM

Hi jceac.

Re-enabling this app really should have restored your keyboard functionality. However, you may have to reinstall the software.

HP Quick Launch Buttons

You should save this site in your IE Favorites or Firefox/Mozilla Bookmarks in case you ever need to reinstall it at some time in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users