Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Access Yahoo Email (red.clientapps.yahoo.com/)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mo_reen

Mo_reen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

Oh boy!

I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Here is where I will start. My apologies, this might be long winded.
I was having problems with browsing (posted this prior) and wasn't getting anywhere with attempting to adjust browser settings. I was getting blocked going regular places. So... after getting very aggravated, I accessed Symantec's online chat help w/ an analyst. During this time, the analyst remotely accessed my computer on two occassions, ultimately finding out that the problem was not with the Norton 360 but was with IE (v.7). We were having problems with connectivity. He said his system said I was disconnected yet he was still in my system. He started a notepad doc to chat with me, saying that we were locking up and I should Google the verbage I was receiving during the browsing blocks I was receiving. As I was typing a response saying I have done that, we were disconnected. Since I knew what I had originally found, I disconnected completely and left it for today since more than 2-3 hours have now passed. Today, I cannot access my email. I receive an HTTP 405 error. (Programming error). I noted that in the heading, the address started like this: hxxp://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/toplevel/msgr6. After searching that on the web, I found that this is a BAD thing. I also noticed that the Phishing filter was off. Message said "Phishing filter cannot check this website because the Microsoft online service is temporarily unavailable". Not sure if this is related. I ran Adaware and Spybot in safemode. I was unable to run Norton in safemode. I ran Norton after restarting. All errors were fixed and still having original probs. (IN safemode, AxProdInfoCH Class ((Norton Vista Upgrade Wizard)) was unplugged as well as YahooYMailto Class.) I attempted to run House Call and the ActiveX would not load therefore, couldn't run that. Also tried to run Panda online scan, that would not run. Let me know what you may need from me. I did run HJT pre and post safe mode scans. My head is now spinning. Look forward to your response!

Thanks so much!
Maureen :thumbsup:

Edited by quietman7, 30 September 2007 - 08:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

Have you tried using an alternate browser like Firefox to see if you encounter the same problem? If you can use Firefox, then will narrow the problem down to an IE issue.

Since you cannot run the Housecall or Panda scans, if you install Firefox you can then perform and online scan using Trend Micro Housecall Scan for Firefox. This also leads me to believe you have an ActiveX problem.

Edited by quietman7, 30 September 2007 - 08:05 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Mo_reen

Mo_reen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

Hello again,

Well, I found my problem. It was due to Symantec Support activating a proxy in my Internet Connections. After disabling it, I was able to access my email account.

Now, if I wanted to use a proxy, what settings would I need so it doesn't interfere with my email account?

I am still having the browsing (blocking) problems since I joined this site. Symantec thought that it was an IE problem and it's not. I DLed Firefox and still had the problem. Any thoughts at all? I just want to adjust the settings. I am getting aggravated! I do appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
Maureen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users