Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Referenced Memory “0xc58c376c” - Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jwolf

jwolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

I need help diagnosing and correcting a problem with my system. I’m running Windows XP SP2. While browsing the web, I started getting pop up ads, even though my auto-pop up feature is disabled in Internet Explorer. Then, Internet Explorer “error’ed” and shutdown. I restarted my system and had error messages with “SVCHOST.EXE” and “LSASS.EXE” and also the following message: “The instruction at “0xc58c376c” referenced memory “0xc58c376c”. The memory could not be “written”. Sometimes the final sentence is ‘The memory could not be “read”’. I cannot access the Internet on the computer in a normal boot (Internet Explore errors and shuts down). I can start the computer in safe mode and access the Internet. I was running Macfee (latest definitions) at the time of the trouble starting. To try and correct the problem, I have run about 6 different adware, spyware and virus checkers to identify and fix the problem (several problems where detected and corrected). I no longer get any error messages for “SVCHOST.EXE” or “LSASS.EXE” but I always get the memory reference “0xc58c376C” error and I still cannot use Internet Explorer in normal mode. I’ve searched numerous sites and blogs and I cannot find any reference to this specific memory related error. Can anyone provide any insight or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:11 AM

I have run about 6 different adware, spyware and virus checkers to identify and fix the problem (several problems where detected and corrected).

Could you be more specific? What scans have you run and what exactly did they detect/remove?

I see you also posted the same questions at McAfee.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?p=491257

Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in "SAFE MODE" to return to a previous state before your problems began?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users