Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rappelz - Sframe.exe Is Having Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Мєηιcє

Мєηιcє

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

I was directed here by RichieUK. My problem is, that when I start up the Rappelz launcher and click Game Start, SFrame.exe is triggered, which is then supposed to run the anti-hack client for Rappelz. But what happens for me is that the SFrame.exe runs, it's CPU usage starts to go up, then it just dies and sits there idling...doing nothing. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've tried using a SFrame.exe downloaded off the net, and I've tried using a SFrame.exe from a friend and his version is working...so it is something to do with my computer, but I don't know what it is. My computer meets all of the minimum requirements so there is no reason for it not to work.
If someone could please help me get to the bottom of this annoying problem that would be greatly appreciated. Just ask me for any computer information you need :thumbsup:

MeNIcE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Мєηιcє

Мєηιcє
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

Also, when I add SFrame.exe and Launcher.exe to my DEP list the game works...kinda.

The Gameshield actually boots up, but just after it does DEP crashes and then when the bar for Rappelz comes up in my task bar my computer blue screens. Anyone got any ideas? :S

#3 Novoski

Novoski

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

Hi,

What I found is that is is not the install nor the Sframe.exe software.

This works so try this. I have a 8800GTS video card but you should still have this option with a older video card and new drivers. Open the NIVIDIA control panel and go to "Manage Custom Resolutions". Tick the box that says "Treat As HDTV" and apply.

Thats it, fixed. No more "RenderDevice Create Error".

#4 Arkeiros

Arkeiros

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hi,

What I found is that is is not the install nor the Sframe.exe software.

This works so try this. I have a 8800GTS video card but you should still have this option with a older video card and new drivers. Open the NIVIDIA control panel and go to "Manage Custom Resolutions". Tick the box that says "Treat As HDTV" and apply.

Thats it, fixed. No more "RenderDevice Create Error".

how do u get 2 the NVIDIA control panel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users