Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.vundo And Winfixer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shaggysto

Shaggysto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:43 AM

Good people,i need your urgent help.
I thought am a computer genius in my own locality,not until this trojan spyware or virus exposed me.
i find it extremely difficult to remove.almost six days now ,i still do not have any solution.
I have used vundo fix.exe and virtumundobegone,but no solution to wipe out these viruses.
Pls can anyone one help the poor boy? Your solution to my problem will be highly appreciated. thanks
the virus names are TROJAN.VUNDO AND WINFIXER.
I AM USING WINDOWS XP.

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 29 September 2007 - 02:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:36 AM

Vundofix updates usually once a week and sometimes more often. Try removing your Vundofix tool and reinstalling from the link below.
http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Follow up with the programs below.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:59 AM

Since you mention Winfixer specifically, also do this:

Download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
  • Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
  • During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
  • If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
  • When completed, close the update window.
  • Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:38 AM

Shaggysto,

Since you have posted a HJT log, you shouldn't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult, to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users