Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Can Support Everything?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wallaceDUMB

wallaceDUMB

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

can i know is it windows vista can support everything?like the software or games use by windows XP also can support?some say YES,some say NO.and if i use windows XP software or games install at windows Vista...will harm my dekstop?or will appear some problem or what?need all PRO answer me please...i need help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

No, all programs will not work with Vista
- some will work fine
- some won't work at all
- and some will only work partially

It all depends on what program(s) you're talking about - without specifics it's awful hard to answer your question.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 tavis7g

tavis7g

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

I'm trying to customize my desktop and I have Vista Home Basic :huh: . It's hard to find specific Vista open source/freeware as opposed to how much XP stuff is out there B) . After going by the book for a while when looking for applications :huh: , I've decided to try out a few XP compatibles just to see if I have any better luck :) . I'll let you know how it goes with some particulars if you would like :huh: but just like the above post says: I'm sure that a little of everything is to be expected B) . Also, don't forget that Vista has a compatibility mode for trying software that was designed for previous versions of Windows B) . It may not work with every piece of Windows software but it does imply that trying software that was designed for a previous version of Windows shouldn't hurt Vista at all even if the software itself doesn't preform properly :huh: . You can find the 'compatibility install' feature in the Control Panel by clicking on Programs and Features. Then, click on 'Use an older program with this version of Windows'. And you can check out 'How to install a program' which is located under Programs and Features as well. Click on 'How to install a program' and a Windows Help and Support window will pop up. Then, look under See also. If all Vistas are the same in this department, then, under See also there should be a link that says Make older programs run in this version of Windows. Click on this link and you will have a thurough understanding of how to use the Combatibility Wizard which aids to help make an installation compatible with your Vista. Before I go, I have two quotes that I found in Make older programs run in this version of Windows under See also in the help section by clicking the link that says Find Windows-compatible programs. (1)

There are many programs that are compatible and work well with this version of Windows that are not listed in the article. This is because such programs have not yet gone through the Windows Vista logo program or are still going through it. New programs are continually being added to the list.

and (2)

Most programs written for Windows XP also work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, use the Program Compatibility Wizard to change the compatibility settings for the program, or use the program's Compatibility tab to change the settings manually.

....So, there you go and don't be shy if you find any compatible software that works :).

#4 wallaceDUMB

wallaceDUMB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

im not really know whats going on actually,just feel that windows Vista like cant support many Windows Xp software....cause sumtimes i need some software to do my work or open some file,but the software maximum only for windows XP,when i download some other software to open it,sure have problem...especially games.sometimes i think is it i change back to windows XP will be more better?cause now days still dont have much more software can use by windows Vista.please give any suggestion please.thanks^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users