Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thin Client Running Microsoft Ce

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LTJLily17

LTJLily17

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

I'm hoping that someone here is familiar with thin clients or MS CE.

I have 37 HP Compaq t5520 Thin Clients at my place of business. We are just using them to have limited internet access at several of our locations. The first 6 of them I set up by first updating the system (like an OS upgrade), and then adding users and passwords. The first 6 connected to the internet perfectly, automatically obtaining the ips.

After those, however, no a single one will connect. The ones that I have already set up still connect, but the others will not. I have tried putting in a static ip and it still doesn't work. The thin client finds an ip for about 2 seconds, and then it's gone. They repeat this- no ip for about a minute and then an ip for 2 seconds. I have tried about 10 of them.

I have tried them in 4 different offices and I know it is not a bad connection.

I have also used the copy feature of the thin clients to completely copy the settings (including the upgrade) from a working think client on a flash drive, and copied it to a non-connecting thin client. The upgrade is there, the users are all set up, but it still won't connect.

Maybe I'm just missing some real simple networking thing, or maybe it's the thin clients.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 29 September 2007 - 01:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

I'm going to attempt to assist on this matter but thin clients are not my strong suit. Bare with me as we determine the issue.
First I have some questions regarding the server software you're running. What is it? What type of network do you have in place? MAN, WAN, VPN? Are the Clients configured for DHCP? Where do the thin clients physically connect to the network?

Also, can you provide a screenshot of a working thinclient's connection/configuration. We'll go from there.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

#3 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

hm..this post wont be much of assistance but-

made me remember, and have a chuckle.

anyone remember when asus released that range of boards that all had the same mac address? ahah spare me....
=)

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:54 AM

Here is a starting point for you: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/...rodTypeId=12454

Edited by oldf@rt, 25 October 2007 - 12:55 AM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users