Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winantiviruspro And Likely Other Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 mgray234

mgray234

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

I come to this forum broken from fighting this for 2 weeks now. My sense at this point is that I have multiple issues as I not only get pop-ups but the performance is so slow that it takes 2-3 hours now for most any scan of the system. Though I tried to do all the cleaning suggested on the front end of the posting process, I am not entirely sure everything completed appropriately.

While turning over and deleting WinAntivirus from under every rock I could find, I have run into a number of issues that it is possible that I have made worse along to way...I am at my wits end!

So here is some additional information that may or may not be valuable to you...

1) I believe that I still have WinAntivirus or derivative as I still get the "Microsoft Phishing Filter" pop-up just before the browser gets redirected to some other site. Though this looks like a genuine Microsoft pop-up...I do not think it is.

2) McAffee frequently tells me that it has blocked a potentially unwanted program "Spyware - JuanSearch" and I continually tell McAffee to delete it.

3) To try to stop some of the stuff from loading upon start-up that I thought was slowing the system down, I went into msconfig to stop what I thought was not needed or unknown. There are a couple items in the start-up area that have no information in the item or command areas that I find suspicious. I have not "unchecked" them however as I just do not know what they are. Others that I have "unchecked" include:

* AdStatServ
* ccApp
* iTuneshelper
* mmtask
* mnyexpr
* msmsgs
* qttask
* drgtodsc
* was7mon
* hnihvfjm
* Skype - this is still here though I uninstalled Skype
* webbuying
* norton go back - this is still here though i have tried to uninstall all norton products for mcaffee
* hot sync manager - this is still here though I uninstalled this as I no longer have that Palm
* microsoft onenote 2003 quick launch
* TA_Start
* Think-Adz

4) Last I looked at the Task Manager I had 6 svchost.exe processes running.

Here is the HiJack log from late last night (I have not done anything to the system this morning)

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:43:37 PM, on 9/27/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Javasoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\javaw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O1 - Hosts: comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Gateway Ink Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINNT\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIGStream] C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StatusClient] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TomcatStartup] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe /server /startmonitor /deaf
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\dhydcfqo.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Symantec Network Driver Update Warning] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ALUAlert] C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Symantec Network Driver Update Warning] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINNT\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINNT\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {B942A249-D1E7-4C11-98AE-FCB76B08747F} (RealArcadeRdxIE Class) - http://games-dl.real.com/gameconsole/Bundl...ArcadeRdxIE.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0152911189548035) (0152911189548035mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\015291~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD DE\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server (RoxLiveShare) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxLiveShare.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpRenderer (RoxUPnPRenderer) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpServer - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\Digital Home\RoxUpnpServer.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher (RoxWatch) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\virto.html

--
End of file - 11769 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

Hello mgray234,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

Go to start -> control panel -> Display properties -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop... -> Web tab, then uncheck and delete everything you find in there (except for "My current home page"),

Also remove the checkmark from the the Lock Desktop Items box if it is checked.
Apply.
Apply and Exit Display properties.

1. Download this file - combofix.exe
2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

Remarkable speed change!!! :thumbsup:

Before I place the logs below I thought I would share a few messages that happened along the way here. They may mean nothing but it would be silly to not include the observations just in case it would help you help me...

1) McAffy fired off a couple times saying that it was blocking unwanted software (Adware-zquest and Spyware-JuanSearch). I just told it to close the message as I did not know whether this was something being used by combofix.

2) After I did the initial Control panel-desktop fix stuff, I received a message stating that "Internet Explorer can not find active desktop HTML file. This file is needed for active desktop. To turn off active desktop, click OK"...that is what I did.

3) Spybot activated boxes 7 or 8 times stating that the registry was changing. I allowed each one figuring that it was combofix doing what it does.

Here are the logs...

ComboFix 07-09-29.6 - Owner 2007-09-29 11:28:25.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.62 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\salesmonitor
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\err.log
C:\Temp\1cb
C:\Temp\1cb\syscheck.log
C:\Temp\fse
C:\Temp\fse\tmpZTF.log
C:\WINNT\system32\asjppcbk.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\becnqgye.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\cbgahyri.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\D2
C:\WINNT\system32\dsubnusr.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\exaemimp.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\eygqnceb.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\f02WtR
C:\WINNT\system32\gdmvhwth.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\hfblsphv.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\hnihvfjm.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\htwhvmdg.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\ijkkj.bak1
C:\WINNT\system32\ijkkj.bak2
C:\WINNT\system32\ijkkj.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\ijkkj.ini2
C:\WINNT\system32\ijkkj.tmp
C:\WINNT\system32\ipahdqvl.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\iqakqwup.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\iryhagbc.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\jkkji.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\kbcppjsa.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\kfkroyvk.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\kgahpybt.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\kvyorkfk.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\lwhgmjpy.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\lwlctklo.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mjfvhinh.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\pmimeaxe.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\puwqkaqi.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\rkhibkww.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\rsunbusd.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\tbyphagk.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\vhpslbfh.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\vlbvmgdy.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wwjnhvht.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wwkbihkr.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\xlpxebpy.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\ypbexplx.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\ypjmghwl.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\LEGACY_CMDSERVICE
-------\LEGACY_DOMAINSERVICE
-------\LEGACY_NETWORK_MONITOR
-------\DomainService

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-08-28 to 2007-09-29 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-09-29 11:35 84,032 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\tcsxhbnk.dll
2007-09-29 11:14 51,200 --a------ C:\WINNT\NirCmd.exe
2007-09-27 23:41 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-09-27 10:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\BDOSCAN8
2007-09-21 23:47 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Symantec
2007-09-21 23:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-09-21 09:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Viewpoint
2007-09-14 08:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\ActiveScan
2007-09-11 22:39 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2007-09-11 17:01 71,496 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 37,480 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 34,184 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 32,008 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mferkdk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 170,408 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys
2007-09-11 17:00 109,608 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\Mpfp.sys
2007-09-11 16:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com
2007-09-11 16:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee
2007-09-11 16:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2007-09-11 16:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2007-09-09 08:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Google
2007-09-08 23:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\SxsCaPendDel
2007-09-08 11:06 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\WINNT\TWljaGFlbCBHcmF5
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\drvr2
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\cfig322
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\capcam

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-09-29 11:38 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DIGStream
2007-09-27 12:32 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-09-27 08:46 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\WebEx
2007-09-27 08:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-09-21 16:29 --------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-09-21 10:01 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-09-21 09:59 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
2007-09-14 08:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-09-14 08:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities
2007-09-14 08:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\DIGStream
2007-09-14 08:42 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Google
2007-09-13 15:15 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\iWin
2007-09-11 21:45 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sandlot Shared
2007-09-11 21:45 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Clean Sweep
2007-09-11 16:47 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Security Rename
2007-08-20 09:25 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 16:14 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 16:13 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic
2007-08-19 15:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Roxio
2007-08-19 15:40 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
2007-08-16 03:04 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\MSXML 6.0
2007-08-07 13:58 8320 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\AWRTRD.sys
2007-08-07 13:56 9344 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\NSDriver.sys
2007-07-29 17:00 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Gamelab
2006-11-20 16:44 28672 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\atwbxdet.dll
2005-01-26 10:17 35121138 --a------ C:\Program Files\NIS_Retail.EXE
2002-07-26 17:02 153088 --a------ C:\Program Files\UNWISE.EXE

-- Snapshot reset to current date --
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{22B119AD-2298-4F73-B93D-01A69CB0652B}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"IgfxTray"="C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe" [2003-07-10 04:25]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe" [2003-07-10 04:13]
"Gateway Ink Monitor"="C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe" [2003-06-24 21:33]
"NeroCheck"="C:\WINNT\System32\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 04:50]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [2003-06-07 06:32]
"MMTray"="C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2003-12-12 18:55]
"DIGStream"="C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe" [2005-05-18 14:49]
"StatusClient"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe" [2002-12-16 17:51]
"TomcatStartup"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe" [2003-03-31 20:28]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2006-10-03 11:35]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2006-10-03 11:37]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" [2005-06-03 04:19]
"USBToolTip"="C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe" [2004-04-23 11:00]
"RoxWatchTray"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe" [2006-11-05 11:22]
"tgcmd"="C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" [2007-03-07 11:58]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-02-10 14:45]
"SearchIndexer"="C:\WINNT\system32\tcsxhbnk.dll" [2007-09-29 11:35]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe"="" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 02:56]
"Creative Detector"="C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" [2004-10-05 10:52]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-09-14 08:23]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe" [2007-08-31 16:46]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"Symantec Network Driver Update Warning"=C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE
"ALUAlert"=C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 22:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2003-10-14 16:54:25]
QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe [2005-11-15 05:31:34]
Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk - C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe [2003-10-02 15:08:08]
WinZip Quick Pick.lnk - C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE [2004-12-10 20:04:16]

Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 22:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2003-10-14 16:54:25]
QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe [2005-11-15 05:31:34]
Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk - C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe [2003-10-02 15:08:08]
WinZip Quick Pick.lnk - C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE [2004-12-10 20:04:16]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Norton GoBack.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Norton GoBack.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Norton GoBack.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^HotSync Manager.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\HotSync Manager.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\HotSync Manager.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^TA_Start.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TA_Start.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\TA_Start.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Think-Adz.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Think-Adz.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Think-Adz.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AdStatus Service]
C:\Program Files\AdStatus Service\AdStatServ.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ccApp]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\mmtask]
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MoneyAgent]
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSMSGS]
"C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RoxioDragToDisc]
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Drag-to-Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Salestart]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinAntiSpyware 2007\WAS7Mon.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SearchIndexer]
rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\hnihvfjm.dll",sitypnow

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Skype]
"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\WebBuying]
C:\Program Files\Web Buying\v1.8.3\webbuying.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"iPodService"=3 (0x3)
"gusvc"=3 (0x3)
"Symantec Core LC"=2 (0x2)
"GBPoll"=2 (0x2)
"Creative Service for CDROM Access"=2 (0x2)
"ccSetMgr"=2 (0x2)
"ccEvtMgr"=2 (0x2)

R1 cdudf_xp;cdudf_xp;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\cdudf_xp.sys
R1 DLARTL_M;DLARTL_M;C:\WINNT\system32\Drivers\DLARTL_M.SYS
R1 pwd_2k;pwd_2k;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys
R1 sdcplh;sdcplh;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sdcplh.sys
R2 MSSQL$ACT7;SQL Server (ACT7);"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sACT7
R3 dvd_2K;dvd_2K;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\dvd_2K.sys
S2 0152911189548035mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0152911189548035);C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\015291~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog -service
S3 ddxgb;ddxgb;\??\C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\ddxgb.sys
S3 FontCache6.0.5070.0;WinFX Font Cache 6.0.5070.0;C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Windows\v6.0.5070\PresentationFontCache.exe
S3 mmc_2K;mmc_2K;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mmc_2K.sys
S3 PNDIS5;PNDIS5 NDIS Protocol Driver;\??\D:\PNDIS5.SYS
S3 SQLWriter;SQL Server VSS Writer;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe"
S4 itcppss;Indigo Tcp Port Sharing Service;C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\IndigoListener.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2004-01-16 00:45:00 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 1.job"
- C:\WINNT\System32\OOBE\oobebaln.exe
"2004-01-14 00:43:08 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 2.job"
"2004-01-29 02:45:00 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 3.job"
"2007-09-15 07:24:26 C:\WINNT\Tasks\McDefragTask.job"
"2007-09-11 21:59:46 C:\WINNT\Tasks\McQcTask.job"
"2007-09-29 16:53:03 C:\WINNT\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE

catchme 0.3.1169 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-09-29 11:47:42
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-09-29 11:54:01 - machine was rebooted
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-09-29 11:53
--- E O F ---

Scan saved at 11:55, on 2007-09-29

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Gateway Ink Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StatusClient] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TomcatStartup] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe /server /startmonitor /deaf
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\tcsxhbnk.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Symantec Network Driver Update Warning] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ALUAlert] C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Symantec Network Driver Update Warning] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINNT\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINNT\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {B942A249-D1E7-4C11-98AE-FCB76B08747F} (RealArcadeRdxIE Class) - http://games-dl.real.com/gameconsole/Bundl...ArcadeRdxIE.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0152911189548035) (0152911189548035mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\015291~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD DE\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server (RoxLiveShare) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxLiveShare.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpRenderer (RoxUPnPRenderer) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCom\RoxUpnpRenderer.exe
O23 - Service: RoxUpnpServer - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\Digital Home\RoxUpnpServer.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher (RoxWatch) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 12283 bytes

#4 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hello,

Thank you so much for all the info! It does help to know. :thumbsup:

I notice that you have Spybot's TeaTimer running. While this is normally a wonderful tool to protect against hijackers, it can also interfere with the fixes. So please disable TeaTimer by doing the following:
1) Run Spybot-S&D
2) Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
3) On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
4) Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts

You can reenable TeaTimer once your system is clean.

Navigate to this folder:

C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone

And delete this file, if present:

virto.html

I see Viewpoint installed.
Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we knew in 2006; read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now, if you did not install it. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.

* Viewpoint
* Viewpoint Manager
* Viewpoint Media Player

* Open notepad - don't use any other text editor than notepad or the script will fail.
Copy/paste the text in the quote box below into notepad:

File::
C:\WINNT\system32\tcsxhbnk.dll
C:\WINNT\system32\dhydcfqo.dll

Save this as txtfile CFScript

Then drag the CFScript into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

Posted Image

This will start ComboFix again.

After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log.

Thanks,
tea

Posted Image

#5 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

During this portion of the process I had a couple other things happen that might be of interest...

1) I received a "Windows Security Alert" asking whether I wanted to keep blocking javaw. I hit "ask me later" on both times it occured.

2) There was a relatively short lived window pop-up as combofix was shutting down after its scan...I think I have the information correct below though I did not get very much time to write.

nircmd.cfexe

"Application failed to initiate because computer was shutting down."

3) There were also a couple runtime errors pop up surrounding Roxiowatch and the fact that it was "closed in an unusual way."

Here are the logs...

ComboFix 07-09-29.6 - Owner 2007-09-29 15:22:08.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.103 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINNT\system32\knbhxsct.ini
C:\WINNT\system32\tcsxhbnk.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-08-28 to 2007-09-29 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-09-29 11:14 51,200 --a------ C:\WINNT\NirCmd.exe
2007-09-27 23:41 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-09-27 10:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\BDOSCAN8
2007-09-21 23:47 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Symantec
2007-09-21 23:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-09-21 09:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Viewpoint
2007-09-14 08:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\ActiveScan
2007-09-11 22:39 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2007-09-11 17:01 71,496 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 37,480 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 34,184 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 32,008 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mferkdk.sys
2007-09-11 17:01 170,408 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys
2007-09-11 17:00 109,608 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\Mpfp.sys
2007-09-11 16:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com
2007-09-11 16:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee
2007-09-11 16:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2007-09-11 16:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2007-09-09 08:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Google
2007-09-08 23:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\SxsCaPendDel
2007-09-08 11:06 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\WINNT\TWljaGFlbCBHcmF5
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\drvr2
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\cfig322
2007-09-08 11:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINNT\system32\capcam

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-09-29 15:30 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DIGStream
2007-09-29 15:17 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
2007-09-29 15:17 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
2007-09-29 15:12 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-09-27 08:46 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\WebEx
2007-09-27 08:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-09-21 16:29 --------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-09-21 10:01 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-09-14 08:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-09-14 08:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities
2007-09-14 08:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\DIGStream
2007-09-14 08:42 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Google
2007-09-13 15:15 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\iWin
2007-09-11 21:45 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sandlot Shared
2007-09-11 21:45 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Clean Sweep
2007-09-11 16:47 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Security Rename
2007-08-20 09:25 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 16:14 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 16:13 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
2007-08-19 15:44 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic
2007-08-19 15:43 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Roxio
2007-08-19 15:40 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
2007-08-16 03:04 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\MSXML 6.0
2007-08-07 13:58 8320 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\AWRTRD.sys
2007-08-07 13:56 9344 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\NSDriver.sys
2007-07-29 17:00 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Gamelab
2006-11-20 16:44 28672 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\atwbxdet.dll
2005-01-26 10:17 35121138 --a------ C:\Program Files\NIS_Retail.EXE
2002-07-26 17:02 153088 --a------ C:\Program Files\UNWISE.EXE

-- Snapshot reset to current date --
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"IgfxTray"="C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe" [2003-07-10 04:25]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe" [2003-07-10 04:13]
"Gateway Ink Monitor"="C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe" [2003-06-24 21:33]
"NeroCheck"="C:\WINNT\System32\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 04:50]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [2003-06-07 06:32]
"MMTray"="C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2003-12-12 18:55]
"DIGStream"="C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe" [2005-05-18 14:49]
"StatusClient"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe" [2002-12-16 17:51]
"TomcatStartup"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe" [2003-03-31 20:28]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2006-10-03 11:35]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2006-10-03 11:37]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" [2005-06-03 04:19]
"USBToolTip"="C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe" [2004-04-23 11:00]
"RoxWatchTray"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe" [2006-11-05 11:22]
"tgcmd"="C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" [2007-03-07 11:58]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-02-10 14:45]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe"="" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 02:56]
"Creative Detector"="C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" [2004-10-05 10:52]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-09-14 08:23]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"Symantec Network Driver Update Warning"=C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDWarn.EXE
"ALUAlert"=C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUNotify.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Norton GoBack.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Norton GoBack.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Norton GoBack.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^HotSync Manager.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\HotSync Manager.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\HotSync Manager.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^TA_Start.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TA_Start.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\TA_Start.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Owner^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Think-Adz.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Think-Adz.lnk
backup=C:\WINNT\pss\Think-Adz.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AdStatus Service]
C:\Program Files\AdStatus Service\AdStatServ.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ccApp]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\mmtask]
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MoneyAgent]
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSMSGS]
"C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RoxioDragToDisc]
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Drag-to-Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Salestart]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinAntiSpyware 2007\WAS7Mon.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SearchIndexer]
rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\hnihvfjm.dll",sitypnow

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Skype]
"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\WebBuying]
C:\Program Files\Web Buying\v1.8.3\webbuying.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"iPodService"=3 (0x3)
"gusvc"=3 (0x3)
"Symantec Core LC"=2 (0x2)
"GBPoll"=2 (0x2)
"Creative Service for CDROM Access"=2 (0x2)
"ccSetMgr"=2 (0x2)
"ccEvtMgr"=2 (0x2)

R1 cdudf_xp;cdudf_xp;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\cdudf_xp.sys
R1 DLARTL_M;DLARTL_M;C:\WINNT\system32\Drivers\DLARTL_M.SYS
R1 pwd_2k;pwd_2k;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys
R1 sdcplh;sdcplh;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sdcplh.sys
R2 MSSQL$ACT7;SQL Server (ACT7);"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sACT7
R3 dvd_2K;dvd_2K;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\dvd_2K.sys
S2 0152911189548035mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0152911189548035);C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\015291~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog -service
S3 ddxgb;ddxgb;\??\C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\ddxgb.sys
S3 FontCache6.0.5070.0;WinFX Font Cache 6.0.5070.0;C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Windows\v6.0.5070\PresentationFontCache.exe
S3 mmc_2K;mmc_2K;C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\mmc_2K.sys
S3 PNDIS5;PNDIS5 NDIS Protocol Driver;\??\D:\PNDIS5.SYS
S3 SQLWriter;SQL Server VSS Writer;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe"
S4 itcppss;Indigo Tcp Port Sharing Service;C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\IndigoListener.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2004-01-16 00:45:00 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 1.job"
"2004-01-14 00:43:08 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 2.job"
"2004-01-29 02:45:00 C:\WINNT\Tasks\ISP signup reminder 3.job"
"2007-09-15 07:24:26 C:\WINNT\Tasks\McDefragTask.job"
"2007-09-11 21:59:46 C:\WINNT\Tasks\McQcTask.job"
"2007-09-29 16:53:03 C:\WINNT\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE

catchme 0.3.1169 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-09-29 15:29:57
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-09-29 15:34:11 - machine was rebooted
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-09-29 15:33
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 2007-09-29 11:54
--- E O F ---

Scan saved at 15:35, on 2007-09-29

Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll

--
End of file - 11835 bytes

#6 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hello,

Could I please see an uninstall list?

Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

Thanks,

tea

Posted Image

#7 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

Here is the Uninstall list...

Ad-Aware 2007
Adobe Download Manager 2.0 (Remove Only)
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Ahead Nero BurnRights
ArcSoft Camera Suite 1.3
ArcSoft PhotoImpression 3.0
AudibleManager
Avery DesignPro
Best Buy imagelab home
Best Buy imagelab Picture It! Library add-on component
Bounce Symphony from Gateway (remove only)
Canon Camera Support Core Library
Canon Camera Window for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
ccCommon
CCleaner (remove only)
Clean Sweep 1.0
Comcast High-Speed Internet Install Wizard
Copy Utility
Creative Jukebox Driver
Creative MediaSource
Creative Removable Disk Manager
Creative System Information
Creative Zen Micro
Creative Zen Vision M
DecideRight
Desktop Doctor
DivX
DoMore
DVD
EPSON Photo Print
EPSON Smart Panel
EPSON TWAIN 5
ESPNMotion
Excavation from Gateway (remove only)
Gateway Ink Monitor
Gateway Rhapsody
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
G-Scoutmate 5.23.2 (32-Bit)
HighMAT Extension to Microsoft Windows XP CD Writing Wizard
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
hp LaserJet 1010 Series
Intel® 537EP Data Fax Modem
Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Driver
Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers
Intel® PROSet
ItsDeductible Express
iTunes
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
Learn with Gateway
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only)
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
LiveUpdate 2.6 (Symantec Corporation)
McAfee SecurityCenter
Microsoft "Indigo" Beta 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004
Microsoft FrontPage 2002
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft Learning and Research Plus Support Files
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional
Microsoft Picture It! Express 10
Microsoft Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (ACT7)
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2004
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Works
Microsoft Works 2004 Setup Launcher
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word
MSN Internet Software
MSN Messenger 5.0
MSN Music Assistant
MSRedist
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 6.0 Parser (KB933579)
MUSICMATCH® Jukebox
Nero OEM
Norton AntiSpam
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security 2005 (Symantec Corporation)
Palm Desktop
PC-Doctor for Windows
PF1250-1650 Guide
Pinnacle Expression
QuickBooks Premier: Professional Services Edition 2005
Quicken 2004
QuickTime
RealArcade
RealPlayer
Rhapsody Player Engine
Roxio Creator Audio
Roxio Creator Copy
Roxio Creator Data
Roxio Creator DE
Roxio Creator Tools
Roxio Drag-to-Disc
Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite
Roxio Express Labeler
Roxio MyDVD DE
Roxio Update Manager
Sandlot Games Client Services
ScanToWeb
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB928365)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Shockwave
Smart Link 56K Modem
Sonic Activation Module
Sonic MyDVD
Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SymNet
The Hobbit™
TurboTax Deluxe 2003
TurboTax Deluxe 2004
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
WexTech AnswerWorks
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Media Player 10 Hotfix - KB895316
Windows Presentation Foundation Beta 2 v6.0.5257.51106
Windows Workflow Foundation
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows XP Winter Fun Pack for Windows Movie Maker 2
WinFX Runtime Components 3.0 - Beta 2
WinFX Runtime Components 3.0 - Beta 2
WinZip
WriteExpress 3,001 Business & Sales Letters

#8 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

Hello,

I see traces of Norton/Symantec in your log, and in your uninstall list. Do you use Norton any more? If not, they are notorious for leaving lots behind when you uninstall it, and they have a tool for that.

The Norton uninstall tool uninstalls ALL Norton 2004/2005/2006 products from your computer. It also uninstalls Norton Ghost 10.0/9.0/2003. http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

I see a very old version of Java in your uninstall list, which leaves your computer vulnerable.

Updating Java
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u3.
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
How is it running now after a couple of days? :thumbsup:

Thanks,
tea

Posted Image

#9 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

I am not able to perform the Java update. Each time I click on the JRE download link on Sun's page I receive "Internet Explorer can not display web page". I have run back at this several times though never get past this point.

As for the performance...I have to give you two answers. The first answer is that the pop-ups are gone and I continue to get clean bills of health from AdAware, Spybot S&D and McAffy Security Center. Second, the speed picked-up TREMENDOUSLY when you had me use the Norton uninstall tool!! What a bonus that was.

Once we figure out how to update Java, I do have a couple more "housekeeping" questions...

1) Do I keep Hijack and Combofix (with the logs created) or should they be deleted?

2) Should I turn Tea Timer back on?

3) Can I change my clock settings back?

#10 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

Good morning :blink:

1) Do I keep Hijack and Combofix (with the logs created) or should they be deleted?

Delete them, and don't forget C:\Qoobox, created by ComboFix.

2) Should I turn Tea Timer back on?

Not quite yet. I want to be sure we get the Java updates going first.

3) Can I change my clock settings back?

Yes you can. :wacko:

When did you try the Java update? I have to say even I'm having problems with it this morning. Keep trying every once in a while, and I'll do the same. It looks to be a problem with Sun, and not you. :thumbsup:

Regards,
tea

Posted Image

#11 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

I was finally able to get back to the Sun site and perform the Java uninstall/reinstall process without a hitch.

I have however continued to get the "Windows Security Alert" that asks if I want to keep blocking Javaw. I was evidently not observant enough when I received that in the past because I never saw where this was coming from. This time I see that it is located at:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Javasoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin

Should I get rid of this (though I am not certain how without uninstalling Hewlett-Packard)...tell Windows Security to continue blocking...or allow it?

Other points of interest...

1) I have deleted Combofix and related as discussed though decided to wait on the Hijackthis uninstall in the event you wanted to view another log.

2) msconfig is something I sometimes look at though almost never make changes because I know I can really screw things up. I do have a couple questions that concern me as I look at this...

* General Tab - In my frustration to stop stuff from loading before I came to you, I may have changed this to "Selective Start-up" though I am not certain. Should I leave this or should it be "Normal Start-up".

* Start-up Tab - There are several things here that make me nervous so let me just get this off my chest and tell me whether I should be nervous or not....

- There is one "checked" line that has no information offered in the "Start-up", "Comand", or "Location" area of the table. Seems like something that is supposed to be there would say what it was.

- There are a number of "unchecked" lines (I unchecked sometime ago) that seem to have concerning names though I can not find when I go to the location offered. Some of these names include: AdStatServ, TA_Start, Think-Adz, Webbuying, hnihvfjm (sitypnow) and was7mon (winantivirus 2007).

#12 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

Hello,

Glad you were able to update Java. :thumbsup:

2) msconfig is something I sometimes look at though almost never make changes because I know I can really screw things up.

I saw all I needed to see with ComboFix. It shows the things that are stopped with msconfig, even though HijackThis cannot see them. So no problem. :blink:

- There are a number of "unchecked" lines (I unchecked sometime ago) that seem to have concerning names though I can not find when I go to the location offered.

That's why I wanted the uninstall list, but they weren't there either. Do a Windows search for them and delete any you find. Empty your Recycle Bin and reboot when you're done.

Could you post a new HijackThis log please? We'll get it all. :wacko:

Thanks,
tea

Posted Image

#13 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

By doing the "wild card" windows search for the msconf start-up concerns I found:

TA_Start.linkstartup in C:\WINNT\pss
Think-Adz.linkstartup in C:\WINNT\pss

So...I went to pss and also deleted NortonGoback and Palm HotSync...only leaving OneNote Quick Launch, boot.ini.backup, system.ini.backup, and win.ini.backup.

None of the other concerns were found through this Windows search process. After emptying recycle and rebooting, the files are gone from the pss folder though they still appear in msconfig start-up (unchecked). I am perplexed...

Below is the new Hijack file:

Scan saved at 12:59, on 2007-10-05

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/servlet/P...000028.000000D8
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

--
End of file - 11712 bytes

#14 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

Okay then, let's run this and see if we can find out where they are:

Download Silent Runners.zip and extract it to a new folder on your Desktop.
  • Run the Silent Runners.vbs file.
  • You will receive a prompt: "Do you want to skip supplementary searches?" - click "NO."
  • If your antivirus has a script blocker, you will get a warning asking if you want to allow Silent Runners.vbs to run.
  • This script is not malicious so please allow it.
  • A text file will appear in the folder - it's not done, let it run. (It won't appear to be doing anything!)
  • Once the "All Done!" prompt flashes up, open the text file, and copy & paste it in your next reply.
Thanks,
tea

Posted Image

#15 mgray234

mgray234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Had to run this twice as I had walked away from the computer when it was working and missed the message regarding the text file name. It actually put the file in C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp rather than in the folder I created for the Silent Runners zip file on the desktop.

Regardless...here is the information...

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 52, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe" = "(empty string)" [file not found]
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
"Creative Detector" = "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe /R" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
"swg" = "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" ["Google Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"IgfxTray" = "C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe" ["Intel Corporation"]
"HotKeysCmds" = "C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe" ["Intel Corporation"]
"Gateway Ink Monitor" = ""C:\Program Files\Gateway Utilities\GWInkMonitor.exe"" ["Gateway"]
"NeroCheck" = "C:\WINNT\System32\NeroCheck.exe" ["Ahead Software Gmbh"]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"MMTray" = "C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" ["MUSICMATCH, Inc."]
"DIGStream" = "C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe" ["Walt Disney Internet Group"]
"StatusClient" = "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
"TomcatStartup" = "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
"ISUSPM Startup" = "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup" ["Macrovision Corporation"]
"ISUSScheduler" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start" ["Macrovision Corporation"]
"USBToolTip" = ""C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe"" ["Pinnacle Systems"]
"RoxWatchTray" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe"" ["Sonic Solutions"]
"tgcmd" = "C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe /server /startmonitor /deaf" ["SupportSoft, Inc."]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "AcroIEHlprObj Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Spybot-S&D IE Protection"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231}\(Default) = "scriptproxy"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "scriptproxy"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptcl.dll" ["McAfee, Inc."]
{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Helper"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll" ["Google Inc."]
{AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Notifier BHO"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll" ["Google Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINNT\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = (no title provided)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Outlook File Icon Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{DEE12703-6333-4D4E-8F34-738C4DCC2E04}" = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Sonic\RecordNow! Deluxe\shlext.dll" ["Sonic Solutions"]
"{cc86590a-b60a-48e6-996b-41d25ed39a1e}" = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINNT\system32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
"{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RealOne Player Context Menu Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79305-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79306-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "iTunes"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"{7D5C4BDD-B015-4401-8731-1507B87DE297}" = "QBVersionTool"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "VersionShellExt Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBVersionTool.dll" ["Intuit, Inc."]
"{BF05BB6E-442C-428B-8025-82280B7BC26C}" = "Zen Micro Media Explorer"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Zen Micro Media Explorer"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Zen Micro\Zen Micro Media Explorer\CTJBNS2.dll" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
"{5E44E225-A408-11CF-B581-008029601108}" = "Roxio DragToDisc Shell Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Roxio DragToDisc Shell Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Drag-to-Disc\Shellex.dll" ["Roxio"]
"{0FB82570-BB2D-23D3-8D3B-AC2F34F1FA3C}" = "RXDCExtShlExt extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\Virtual Drive\DC_ShellExt.dll" [null data]
"{4AFB2C13-9D16-4478-AEF4-C3FC539961E4}" = "Zen Vision:M Media Explorer"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Zen Vision:M Media Explorer"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative Zen Vision M\SHCTMTP.dll" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
<<!>> "BootExecute" = "autocheck autochk *"|"lsdelete" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
<<!>> igfxcui\DLLName = "igfxsrvc.dll" ["Intel Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
<<!>> text/xml\CLSID = "{807553E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\
{F9DB5320-233E-11D1-9F84-707F02C10627}\(Default) = "PDF Column Info"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "PDF Shell Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
CTMTPMediaExplorer\(Default) = "{7895F317-A125-42CC-BD3E-5830765CE577}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CtMtpContextMenu Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Creative\SHARED~1\CtCmeCtx.dll" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
MCVSRIGHTCLICKSCANNER\(Default) = "{162EFDC5-2957-465D-887B-590AF4A7E84D}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "McVSRightclickScanner Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcodsax.dll" ["McAfee, Inc."]
RXDCExtSvr\(Default) = "{0FB82570-BB2D-23D3-8D3B-AC2F34F1FA3C}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\Virtual Drive\DC_ShellExt.dll" [null data]
WinZip\(Default) = "{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}"

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
CTMTPMediaExplorer\(Default) = "{7895F317-A125-42CC-BD3E-5830765CE577}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CtMtpContextMenu Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Creative\SHARED~1\CtCmeCtx.dll" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
MCVSRIGHTCLICKSCANNER\(Default) = "{162EFDC5-2957-465D-887B-590AF4A7E84D}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "McVSRightclickScanner Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcodsax.dll" ["McAfee, Inc."]
RXDCExtSvr\(Default) = "{0FB82570-BB2D-23D3-8D3B-AC2F34F1FA3C}"

Group Policies {policy setting}:
--------------------------------

Note: detected settings may not have any effect.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\

"NoCDBurning" = (REG_DWORD) hex:0x00000000
{unrecognized setting}

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\

"shutdownwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) hex:0x00000001
{Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on}

"undockwithoutlogon" = (REG_DWORD) hex:0x00000001
{Devices: Allow undock without having to log on}

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop may be disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

Displayed if Active Desktop enabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\WINNT\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Displayed if Active Desktop disabled and wallpaper not set by Group Policy:
HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Startup items in "Owner" & "All Users" startup folders:
-------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Reader Speed Launch" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]
"QuickBooks Update Agent" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe" ["Intuit, Inc."]
"Quicken Scheduled Updates" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe" ["Intuit Inc."]
"WinZip Quick Pick" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"ISP signup reminder 1" -> launches: "C:\WINNT\System32\OOBE\oobebaln.exe /sys /i /n:1" [MS]
"ISP signup reminder 2" -> launches: "C:\WINNT\System32\OOBE\oobebaln.exe /sys /i /n:2" [MS]
"ISP signup reminder 3" -> launches: "C:\WINNT\System32\OOBE\oobebaln.exe /sys /i /n:3" [MS]
"McDefragTask" -> launches: "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe "C:\WINNT\system32\defrag.exe" C: -f" ["McAfee, Inc."]
"McQcTask" -> launches: "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe 14 0" ["McAfee, Inc."]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll" ["Google Inc."]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = (no title provided)

Explorer Bars

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{FE54FA40-D68C-11D2-98FA-00C0F0318AFE}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Real.com"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINNT\System32\Shdocvw.dll" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503}\(Default) = "&Research"
Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ [vertical bar]
InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL" [MS]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
-> {HKCU...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\npjpi160_03.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{85D1F590-48F4-11D9-9669-0800200C9A66}\
"MenuText" = "Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8"
"Exec" = "%windir%\bdoscandel.exe" [null data]

{DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2}\
"MenuText" = "Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Spybot-S&D IE Protection"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ad-Aware 2007 Service, aawservice, ""C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe"" ["Lavasoft AB"]
Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe"" [MS]
McAfee E-mail Proxy, Emproxy, "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee HackerWatch Service, McAfee HackerWatch Service, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe"" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Network Agent, McNASvc, ""c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe"" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Protection Manager, mcpromgr, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Real-time Scanner, McShield, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Redirector Service, McRedirector, "c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Scanner, McODS, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee Services, mcmscsvc, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
McAfee SystemGuards, McSysmon, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe" ["McAfee, Inc."]
Roxio Hard Drive Watcher, RoxWatch, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatch.exe"" ["Sonic Solutions"]
Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9, RoxWatch9, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe"" ["Sonic Solutions"]
RoxMediaDB, RoxMediaDB, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe"" ["Sonic Solutions"]
RoxMediaDB9, RoxMediaDB9, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe"" ["Sonic Solutions"]
SQL Server (ACT7), MSSQL$ACT7, ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sACT7" [MS]
SQL Server Browser, SQLBrowser, ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe"" [MS]
Windows User Mode Driver Framework, UMWdf, "C:\WINNT\system32\wdfmgr.exe" [MS]

Print Monitors:
---------------

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
HP Master Monitor\Driver = "HPBMMON.DLL" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Monitor\Driver = "mdimon.dll" [MS]

---------- (launch time: 2007-10-05 13:54:47)
<<!>>: Suspicious data at a malware launch point.

+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ The search for DESKTOP.INI DLL launch points on all local fixed drives
took 88 seconds.
---------- (total run time: 165 seconds)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users