Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Protect Partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deanpcmad

deanpcmad

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

Hey,

I would like to protect my Backup Partition. How do I go about doing this?
If there is any software available, please could it be Vista Compatible.

Thank
deanpcmad

deanpcmad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hey,

I would like to protect my Backup Partition. How do I go about doing this?
If there is any software available, please could it be Vista Compatible.

Thank
deanpcmad

I recently started using Paragon Drive Backup Personal Edition. I don't think the Vista support is fully debugged yet so I wouldn't use it to resize partitions to make a "backup capsule" on the HD of a Vista machine. But it's fine for making a Vista system image on an external drive. Also since you already have a separate partition you could backup to files on that partition and then make another backup or copy those files to an external drive in case your HD got trashed completely. For $50 it's worth it. The nice thing is it's an imaging program so you can restore with all the programs installed at the time of backup. A System Snapshot.

To test it out I created a backup on an older machine, deleted the C: partition, then restored! Everything worked just like before. Way better than reinstalling stuff. Also it comes with a boot CD that has USB drivers. I booted the CD and I could see the backup files on my Seagate USB drive. I've been going without system backup for a long time because I never found any that really did hassle-free restore until now. If you have access to network drives for backup you might want to look at the Pro version. But for me the Personal works fine.

Paragon Drive Backup

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#3 deanpcmad

deanpcmad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

Thanks for your reply!

I have a Paragon Software free from a magazine that I subscribe to so I'll use that!

Thanks again!

deanpcmad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users