Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Sims 1 Compatable With Vista Or Not?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 groovytunes

groovytunes

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

I installed the sims 1 complete collection on my new dell with vista home premium. the game runs and plays great but it won't save the game. Some responses in yahoo answers say to click properties on desktop icon and select to play in xp mode but there is no such option found there. I was wondering if anyone could offer a solution. Some have said it simply not compatable, others says it is, some say they play sims 1 on vista and have no problems at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

Right-click on the icon and select Properties. Got to the Compatibility tab and put a check mark in Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP SP2 in the drop down list.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 groovytunes

groovytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Ty, there is no icon on my comp for this game. I had trouble finding the compatability tab. But i did find it after reading your post I knew it had to be there somewhere. i had to click programs>maxis>the sims 1068x780 or whatever> the right click >properties> then the compatability icon was there. have not tried to play game yet but i hope it will save now ty.

#4 babybird7615

babybird7615

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

I was having trouble getting my sims complete collection to work with windows Vista. I tried doing the compatibility thing and it didn't help at all.
I had similar troubles with other games, so I tried to fix the issue the same way that I fixed the others.

Uninstall the game and reinstall it while in your computer's safe mode.
The when you return to normal windows, chose to run the game as administrator.

This has made the game work perfectly for me. No more save or continuous loading troubles.

Hope this helps some of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users