Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Laptop Mouse Pad No Longer Works

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lanimilbus

Lanimilbus

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi,
Iíve had my HP ZV6000 laptop since December 2005, and up until recently have had no major problems with it. But earlier this month, while I was on an airplane, my laptop froze and I had to manually shut it down. When I turned it back on, the mouse wouldnít work. Iím talking about the built in mouse pad that you drag your finger across to move the cursor. Ever since then, no matter how much I drag my fingers across the pad, the cursor will not respond at all. I had to go to one of the airport boutiques when I landed to buy a separate wireless mouse with a USB adapter, which works, but is very inconvenient and difficult to use in small areas or on trips. So, Iíd like to make the laptopís built in mouse pad work again, if at all possible. Can anyone offer some help or advice on what I should do to fix it?
Thanks,
-Alec

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

Might try reloading the touchpad driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

Another guy and I spent 2 1/2 hours on a flight from Miami to Boston trying to fix this same issue. Just before we landed we found that there was a bar just above the touchpad that turned the touchpad on and off. :thumbsup: Does your laptop have such a switch?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 sipickles

sipickles

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

I'll second that... Thought my mousepad had died too until I found the TOUCHPAD ENABLE button (hiding next to the on switch!). :thumbsup:

#5 Lanimilbus

Lanimilbus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

Ah, I don't believe it...I checked to see if there was a switch above the touchpad, and sure enough, there's a skinny horizontal button there, and when I pressed it the mouse instantly started working again. It must have gotten bumped or pressed during the plane ride somehow. I always thought that button had something to do with the screen...I never realized it turned the mouse on and off.
Anyway, thank you! I probably never would have realized that if you hadn't pointed it out.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

As I said, I worked with another guy for hours on an airplane trying to fix this for a stewardess - and she hadn't been able to figure it out for days herself!

Other embarrassing stories:
1) It took me 2 days to find the WiFi switch on my Toshiba laptop (and this was only about 18 months ago)!
2) I worked on a computer at work for a long time, cursing that I couldn't get it to work. Another tech came by and plugged it in for me!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users