Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xlegendzx1

xlegendzx1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:29 AM

my computer randomely shuts down, there is no real time limit but it usualy happens after i log into my account on xp it shuts back down with a blue screen saying "system has been shut down" dumping memmory to drive..
it can even happen after an hour or two

i have a dell dem E510 media center edition 2005

and i have 2 ram slots each slot can hold 2 ram sticks

and i have 2 ram sticks each one with 255mb of ram so i have 510mb

i recently added a 510 or so mb of ram to one of the slots. could that be the reason my computer is shutting down?
having 3 ram sticks? if so do i move both of the 255mb of ram to the same slot and then add the 510mb of ram to a seperate slot alone?

please hellp

Edited by xlegendzx1, 27 September 2007 - 07:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

Next time you get a blue screen, copy down the error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here. This will give us something to go on.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 xlegendzx1

xlegendzx1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

this is the error messege i get

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectidly with a status of
0xC0000005 (0c75e9ad23 0x00e8f240)
The System has been shut down

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:02 PM

Do you have Norton Go Back or Norton System works installed? Also, if this issue is occurring when you are defragmenting the hard drive, you must shut down the defragmentation with the close command after the program has completely finished. try running Memtest 86 with only the new ram installed to see if that piece is causing your issue.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 xlegendzx1

xlegendzx1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

i realized the problem, the file SpeedUpMyPc is in my start up folder but for some reason that causes my system to shut down so when my computer turns on SpeedUpMyPc also starts and as soon as that happens i get the blue screen error

i tried it a few times and that was the cause of it, i havnt enabled it yet i went thru safe mode and took it out and its been over 8 hours my system hasnt shut down

but any reason why that program was causing the shutdown error?

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

I ran the program, with performance monitor enabled, and noticed a serious increase in interrupts per second and memory page faults with the program installed. Once I uninstalled the program {SpeedUpMyPc}, they all disappeared, and the machine was back to the normal level. All this looks like is an different interface layer to windows XP functionality. The program, did not detect ram correctly, and did not detect the multi processor configuration of this machine.

#7 xlegendzx1

xlegendzx1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

so my ram seems to be fine, just the program needed to be deleted cuz it didn recognise it

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

Great, just let us know if you have anymore issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users