Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Sound Card Shot?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 302Xplorer

302Xplorer

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

My sister has a new computer and there seems to be a problem w/ the sound card. The problem is as follows: the sound is very faint w/ the master volume turned all the way up. The card is a RealTek ALC888 7.1+2 Channel High Definition Audio Codec. I have uninstalled the original drivers and installed the Vista Driver (32/64 bits) Driver only version R1.78 High Definition Audio Codecs, from the RealTec site. I have adjusted all of the settings many times and still the problem still persists. I am on the verge of getting her to buy a new card. Is there anything that you guys can think of that I may be missing?

Any help would be appreciated,

Ted

BTW, the PC is an HP Pavilion a1250n running Vista, AMD Athlon X2 3800+ w/ 2G of ram if that helps. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Hi Ted again :thumbsup:

When you say that you've re-installed the vista drivers are they drivers from HP's website or from the RealTek website?

In the meantime, thislink may help, seems a longshot but worth a try. For more info scroll up the page for more possible solutions. Also this link might provide some assistance.

Hope that helps!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 302Xplorer

302Xplorer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

A-ha!
We have been trying to use non-powered speakers on a card that requires powered ones. The only output for just using 2 speakers is the green one. I did run the card thru my speaker system which is a y adapter (headphone 2 rca) from the pc's green line out to a regular stereo receiver. It had a lot more hissing, from the speakers, as you increased the volume on her computer than when it is normally hooked up to my computer, which has a Soundblaster Live 24-bit external sound card.

I installed the new drivers from the RealTek website.

Thanks for the reply FireKracker, it really helped!

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

Pleasure mate, glad to of helped!! Again thanks for the solution too!!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users