Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Etrust Suite Expired - Freezing On Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wwejosh

wwejosh

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

Hi fellas,
My eTrust security suite has just expired. As I log into my account on my computer the computer will freeze (mouse still moves), with a notice in regards to the expiry of the eTrust suite in the centre of my desktop. Ctrl + alt + delete doesn't work nothing does. I click continue on the expiry notice to say "no I do not want to renew my subscription. This does not do anything. I do not want to renew my subscripion, I will be getting various freeware softwares to fill the spot of eTrust's suite. How can I get this freezing issue to stop?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:57 AM

Well if you plan on getting freeware security suites then just uninstall eTrust and use the freeware ones. Or the new eTrust is out which is CA Internet Security Suite 2008 which can be purchased for the same amount that eTrust was.

#3 wwejosh

wwejosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:05 AM

Hi,
Mate nothing opens when I click it.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:13 AM

See if you can boot into Safe Mode and uninstall eTrust from there.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users