Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Color Matching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Manoj-p

Manoj-p

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:34 AM

I have photoshop elements 5.0 and Canon PIXIMA MP 160 printer.

With the original catridge the photo prints were OK although the colors did not match exactly to the monitor.

When I replaced the catridges the prints are way away from the monitor color.

Can some one suggest step by step solution for color management so that the Print color matches exactly with monitor color ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:01 AM

The difference between your monitor and printer are because the color schemes for each are very different. Your monitor uses RGB light (Red, Green, Blue), where as your printer uses CMYK inks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black). Your printed piece will come out darker because a] if a color created on your screen is something a printer can't produce, it will go to a color that it can that is in the ball park of what it can create and b] your monitor uses colored light beams to create the different colors so there's millions if not billions of colors it can create whereas with your printer, it uses inks and therefore it'll be darker however slightly because of not using light. If you have the option, I'm not familiar with Adobe Elements, but I know with their other programs, you can switch the color scheme from RGB to CMYK. If you can do it, I'd recommend you do it after you've finished doing whatever you do to your photos, right before you print them. Usually when you switch to CMYK the choices in manipulation, whatever it may be, can be very limited, so it's good to save that switch until the end.

As far as the drastic difference between colors with the different cartridges, to try and color manage your cartridges, there should be an ability within your printer set-up/preferences or program that printers often come with. They usually have some kind of color management choice. Whenever you get new cartridges or if colors aren't lining up, whichever, they have options to help realign your cartridges and do color testing.

I hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Edited by Noot, 27 September 2007 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 Manoj-p

Manoj-p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for you reply.

Unfortunately Adobe Photoshop elements does not have CMYK color capabilities, photoshop does.

I have tried to adjust the printer color setting manually, but not of much help.

Let me go on trying till I get the result, but it is costing me ink and photopaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users