Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Address Book/new Email Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raker

Raker

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hello,

I am having a problem with my email not working correctly. I can receive email but when I try to create a new email and click on my address book the mouse icon disappears off to the right hand side of the screen. The program appears unresponsive as I am unable to select any tool bar icons (shows no indication that I clicked on anything) nor am I able to close the untitled message screen or minimize it.

I have opened task manager and selected end task :untitled message. When that task ends it switches back to the inbox screen with a : Select Names window in the task bar. At this point the Inbox screen is still unresponsive but now I can right click the : Select Names window in the task bar and close it. When that closes then the Inbox screen seems to restore control.

I have updated Microsoft Office to service pack 3 ( after this situation presented itself).

The O.S. is X.P. Pro
Microsoft Outlook 2003

This system has been running problem free for about 1 year. If anyone could help in solving this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You.

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 28 September 2007 - 12:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Raker

Raker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

Hello to all,

I have resolved my issue with address book. It appears that my address book was opening up off screen on the right hand side. I am not sure what had changed in regards to why it had opened off screen or why it now has restored to the middle of the screen. The only thing that I had done recently was to send an email to a friend and typed in the email address then clicked send. After that when I tried to create a new email and select the address book it would open the window in view.

Basically I'm a moron but had to post the resolution to my problem anyways.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users