Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Peer To Peer File Sharing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LyndaLou

LyndaLou

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

I'm sure there is a way to do this and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out! I have a VERY large file on my desktop (17GB) and I want to transfer it to my laptop. When I create a peer to peer network, how can I transfer the file from one to the other?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

Drag the 17gig file to Shared folders, then the other computer should be abble to see it.
And you can easily copy the file that way.

I'm assuming you can ping each computer from the other, that your network is setup as per microsoft instructions, and that file sharing is enabled, and NetBios is running, both computers are members of the same workgroup, gues accounts are enabled, or if XP-pro, user rights are correct, etc.

If you could tell what Windows systems you're using, how they're connected, how is your network setup, someone will be able to help. Without some details, it's not possible to guess. Tell you the truth, I don't even know what you mean by peer to peer network here. We need some context.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users