Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Received A Free Ipod...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

Oh my god, this has to be one of the best things to ever happen to me!

Anyways, my friends, friend from school, Ipod broke last spring/summer. She couldn't figure it out, and since he knows some things about technology she let him try to fix it. He ended up not figuring it out, and she eventually got a new one. She told him to just keep it. Anyways the other day at his house I saw it and he told me he couldn't fix it. I said I could probably fix it and he said he had tried everything. I still took it and spent like 5 hours on it last night with no success. It wouldn't do the restore thing like its suppose to, and trying many things I didn't fix it. While trying my last way I could think of, which was reformatting it (didn't work btw) I found a hidden partition on it that was like 78mb. I figured I should reformat that, and I did.

After reformatting that it brought up a little apple logo, and I had less options then before, and thought this was the end. So I set it down, and after like 20 minutes it brings up the language selection screen, and I'm going nuts! Luckily my friend lent me the usb cord, and I charged it. It now works fine, and I got a free Ipod :thumbsup:

Now I always thought learning about computers now in high school will help benefit my future job, but a free 30gb Ipod Video, this is awesome!

Also, if anyone needs any help with there Ipod, I've learned so much about them. I ripped this a part, and had unassembled most of it. Luckily for me this didn't break it though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

Happy tunes!
Sometimes all that learning pays off in unforeseen ways!.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

Did someone say,

"Ipood"?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

Wow what a great turn of events. Good for you. Thanks for the help offer. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

Nicely done!

I have this old Swiss pocket watch that doesn't work. Want to take a look at it?
(of course the guts are long gone from when I took it apart years ago.)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Haha, I like that Ipood shirt :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 hebee

hebee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:24 AM

you a lucky and happy man

Edited by KoanYorel, 28 September 2007 - 01:41 AM.
to remove oversize image

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Yeah I have a story like that but I had to pay for mine.

My camera, my new camera broke soon after I got it. I had bought it used on ebay. They are 350 bucks new. I then went out and bought another used but broken camera on ebay with the part I needed. I traded parts. Then I resold the bad one on ebay for like 100 bucks(about what I paid for it) and had my camera working. It was my first time getting a digi camera working. It turned out the mechanism that opens and shuts had jammed and that was the only problem.

Nice work by the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users