Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Screen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kg810

Kg810

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

Hello BleepingComputer.com Community :D

I would first like to say that i've tried to search in several places for my error, but I can't specifically find the one I am having (although they all seem similar).

Well like the title says, I've been getting this very frequent BSOD error and for the tech info at the bottom it says;

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0XBE217E97, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X86EA535O)

There is also a mention of 3xhybrid.sys after the Stop error but it didn't show up at the time I wrote the Stop error down. The 3xhybrid.sys is not always listed.

I'm currently at work, so I cannot post my computers specs and whatnot. But if any of you have any suggestions/ideas on how to fix this BSOD that'd be awesome.

For now all I can tell you is what I've tried and what I think might have caused this error. Since the day I got my computer which was a little over a year ago, my plug and play keyboard never worked properly and had always got a (code:10 device is not working properly). So to get around that, everytime I boot up my PC I have to uninstall the keyboard, add hardware again and click no when it prompts for a reboot (if I reboot it goes back to non functional keyboard). Well being a lazy guy that I am I never bothered getting a new keyboard until yesterday because I had thought it would solve my issue. Sadly it did nothing other than solve my hassle of having to uninstall -> readd the hardware issue.

I've tried cleaning everything from video card, ram, etc, anything I could clean basically. So it's probably not overheating (CPU temp is at 46 iirc). But, from what I've read about beep codes, when I booted up into safemode after 5-10 mins I would get one continious long beep that would not go away until I rebooted or shutted down. So the possibility of it overheating is still there. I've also tried updating my nvidia driver which didn't solve the issue. I haven't had the chance to check Windows Update since I can barely get on the comp without it BSODing on me. I have tried taking out only 1 of the 512 ram to see if it was ram issue, but I'll be double checking that when I get home. One thing I have noticed from time to time, is when I shut down I usually get a "Realtek Audio ------" is not responding. So this may also be the cause of the problem where my audio driver is not up to date.

Please reply if you have any ideas, solutions, or questions. Any feedback will be great, I'll be checking my topic frequently throughout the day to get back to any replies. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Do you have a Phillips or Asus TV Card in your system? If so, the 3xhybrid.sys error could be related to the drivers for it. I'd suggest uninstalling the drivers, downloading a fresh copy from the manufacturer's website and installing that.

The STOP 0xD1 error (shorhand for the stuff you posted above) is usually a driver error - but it can also be caused by bad RAM or a damaged pagefile. You can test your RAM with this free utility: http://www.memtest86.com/ . You can reset your pagefile by using Step 2 in this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=389845

Let us know the results of the driver reinstallation and the testing so we can move on from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Kg810

Kg810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

I do have a TV Card and I haven't updated the driver since I got the pc. I don't know the name of the card off the top of my head so i'll have to get back to you on that.

Perfect. Thanks for the links :thumbsup: . Do you mind explaining what a pagefile is and how it may have been damaged? Just so I get a better understand of why this whole issue occured and if I can prevent it in the future.

I'll be home in 3-4 hours from now, so i'll definately give those a shot and post back with the results, thanks again.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

I'll just add that the aforementioned driver...can also be found on Pinnacle hardware/software (and I suspect others).

Sooo...if you have any sort of TV capture device, connected in any manner...it might be prudent to try to update the drivers for same or do the old uninstall/reinstall routine.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:qR45Z...cd=20&gl=us

I found a copy of this file on my system, but not installed (in my spare apps folder).

Louis

#5 Kg810

Kg810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Do I still need to update the drivers even if I haven't used the TV card in a long long while?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

The premise for updating drivers is not necessarily your use of the program/device...but facilitation of its interoperability with the O/S. In short, updates for driversis predicated on having the system and application play nicely together.

If you are not going to use a device that is a part of your system, it doesn't seem to matter to XP :thumbsup:, since you receive error messages based on what is installed (not necessarily used). Again, it's the interoperability of that device within XP which is the issue, not your usage of said device.

I see two possible routes: Uninstall the device...or try updating the drivers.

On some occasions, drivers (and other files) become corrupted and troublesome. In some of these instances, simply uninstalling the device (by removing the drivers via Device Manager), rebooting, and then reinstalling the drivers which came with the device..."cure" the circumstance.

I think I would try that first, then update the drivers if uninstall/reinstall did not do the trick.

And...hope for the best :flowers:.

Louis

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

If you're not using the device, then disable it. If you don't, then Windows will assume that it's needed and will continue to load it. The best solution is to remove it from the system entirely (one less thing to go wrong) or to disable it in the BIOS if you're not able to remove it.

A pagefile is where Windows stores your "virtual" memory. It's used when Windows doesn't have enough physical memory to do the job (also, some programs like games, use it regardless of the amount of physical memory being used). If you've got a lot of physical memory (RAM) you don't even need it for Windows to function (I've done this several times). But, you may have issues with some programs if you disable it entirely (or even make it too small).

How did it get corrupted? I dunno - but since it's a file, it's subject to the same corruptions that any other file is. In particular it's vulnerable to graceless shutdowns (where Windows doesn't get around to closing everything before it shuts down). I haven't found many issues of this type, but when it occurs the steps above are the cure. It doesn't hurt to do it, you won't lose any info, so I'd do it just in case.

Pagefile usage and performance is a complicated thing. Many places will suggest that you set your pagefile to 1.5 times the size of your RAM. This is an old suggestion (so it may not be valid now) and it was, even back when, just a guesstimate on what you'd need. In these days of cheap(er) hard drives I suggest putting the pagefile on a separate drive from the OS, and putting it first on that hard drive (in my case it's the first partition on my storage drive). The drive that you put it on should be as fast as your OS drive - otherwise you may notice a decrease in performance.

Although I like to run without a pagefile for performance reasons (I've got 4 gB of RAM), I've set the pagefile on my other drive to be 3 gB on a 6 gB partition (gives it room to grow if I need it). Also, it's set to a static 3 gB size - so Windows doesn't spend any resources to adjust it's sze.

How to adjust the pagefile size? Keep an eye on the stats in the Performance tab of Task Manager. Stress the system by running as many different things as you can see yourself running (a worst-case scenario) at any time. Then view the use of the pagefile and add a fudge factor "just-in-case" and set your pagefile's Max and Min sizes to be that size. Reboot for the changes to take affect.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Kg810

Kg810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the info, again.

And you've already answered one of my problems without me having to update you guys on my issue :thumbsup: . I was able to get rid of the 3xhybrid.sys error and now I get a pop up at the start saying "device cannot be found." So i'll just disable the tv card for now.

As for how things went last night, I'll go through each thing I did.

1. I reseted the pagefile, followed each step in link you provided, didn't solve it.
2. Went to take out a stick of ram and leave the one in there, didn't work.
3. Uninstalled the Asus Tv Capture and Realtek audio, not sure if it was the combination of the two or just the Tv card but this solved the frequent blue screens.
4. Ran Windows update made changes, updated audio driver and Asus driver.

Now after the last step I went through, two issues came up. One being the "device cannot be found" which now I know I can get rid of that. Second whenever I shutdown I get a BSOD. It successfully exits out of Windows but it BSODs and won't shutdown the pc. I get the same Stop:0x0D1 and a Cap713x.sys.

Edited by Kg810, 27 September 2007 - 10:18 AM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

This STOP 0xD1 error is also related to the TV card. I'd get it out of the system and remove all drivers associated with it (it seems to be more trouble than it's worth). The Cap713x,sys file is also associated with the TV card. At the very least, disable it in Device Manager and remove all the software associated with it.

Since the system didn't work with only 1 stick of RAM, I'd suggest running this free memory test to eliminate the memory as a source of the issues: http://www.memtest86.com/

#10 Kg810

Kg810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hey, looks like everything is working perfectly now :thumbsup:. I uninstalled the Tv Card and disabled it and now I have no issues with any BSOD or shuting down problems. Thanks alot guys, couldn't have done it without you all.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. Try running the memory test anyway - just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users