Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Gamma Issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wyrdmage

wyrdmage

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:56 AM

Alright...I recently installed a new monitor and discovered that the screen was incredilbly dark. Naturally, I turned up the brightness on the monitor, and it got better, and better....and then wouldnt go further. So the brightness is ALL the way up, and its still not as bright as it should be. This is INCREDIBLY annoying. Is there any other way to increase the screen brightness??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:20 AM

Did you get any software/drivers with the monitor? If so, did you install them? Another thing I would suggest is to see if you can adjust the brightness through your video card.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 wyrdmage

wyrdmage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:00 AM

No drivers for the monitor, and my vid card doesnt have gamma settings that i can find.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:02 AM

What make of monitor and video card do you have?

Edit: fixed a typo

Edited by Budapest, 26 September 2007 - 03:02 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 wyrdmage

wyrdmage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:19 AM

my video card is a Voodoo 4 4500. The monitor shows up as TRL/RIC DL-1750MU. Thats all I know. The monitor i got from a friend and it doesnt have any labels or anything on it.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

If it is a second hand monitor then it may be that it is dying - it is very common for monitors to dim with age. Did your friend report any problems with it? Another thing you could try is to type the model number (TRL/RIC DL-1750MU) into google and search for the drivers.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 wyrdmage

wyrdmage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

He said that he never had any problems with it, and I used to watch him play games and stuff on his comp with this monitor and it was never dark before. I'll try the google thing, but the Update Driver thing couldnt find a newer version so i'm not holding out any hope. Are there any nifty little utilities out there that could help??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users