Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express And Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hadders

hadders

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hi

I have two problems

1) My Outlook Express keeps stopping. I get a message suggesting that either the memory or the storage space are insufficient. There is plenty of space on the HDD - less than 25% is used.

2) In Firefox, when I click on images they open in another tab but it it only about 2cm wide and 3/4 screen height. Sometimes I can click on the maximiser button but usually that is not engaged. Neither can I put the cursor on the edge of the frame to drag it wider - the double-headed arrow doesn't appear.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:18 AM

OE has limitations on the size of each of the files it used for your in-box, read mail, etc.;you may need to delete or export some of the stored E-mails. What was the exact error message you received and what were you doing when you received it?

What kind of images are you clicking on? An example might help.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 hadders

hadders
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for yr prompt response.

This is the error message

Folder could not be displayed
Outlook Express could not open this folder.

Possible causes are:

Low disk space.

Low memory.

Thanks

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi hadders,

For the Outlook Express Issue, first ensure your default Inbox is empty.
Then right click on the inbox and choose Properties. It will show you where the Inbox.dbx is located. Close OE and navigate to where your dbx files are located using Windows Explorer.
Right click on Inbox.dbx (if you can't see it, you will have to enable viewing of hidden and system files under Tools/
Folder options) and choose Rename. Rename the Inbox.dbx to SavedInbox.dbx.

Reopen OE and it will create a new Inbox.
If everything is working well now, you should be able to try and import any messages using File/ Import.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users