Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Start-up Programs Reappear

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lliztiz

lliztiz

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

I used autoruns to delete startups that I do not want. When I ran it again, two entries appeared for each of the progams that I thought I had deleted, one with a check mark (undeleted) and one without a check mark (Deleted). I assume I must have done something wrong in trying to delete programs. After unchecking programs I didn't want, I exited autoruns. Was there something else I should have done before exiting? Is having two instances of those programs present in autorun a problem-- i.e., are two instances being activated at start up and dueling it out over whether to start or not? It seems that my computer is slower than it was. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:46 AM

Hi llitiz,

unchecking a programme with autoruns does not "remove" a tool. It merely disables the autostart.
If one of them was software like quicktime (which also had update tuesday this week), then it is most likely due to their habbit of nesting themselves in the autostart, w/o you asking for it and having had an update recently. You just need to untick it again. Can you let us know which entries exactly where to be disabled with autoruns? This makes it easier to assist.

YoHi

Edited by Yourhighness, 26 September 2007 - 01:47 AM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users