Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dadicus

Dadicus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

Just posted to say thanx-have been battling pop-up ie windows for weeks-knew there was an exe getting me from somewhere
saw your posts about combofix this morning before work , dl and ran it-its so nice to be free of the problem. btw-running wixxp sp2 , avg , spybot and comodo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Hey Dadicus,

great to see that Combofix got rid of the popups. However it is most likely that there is still some stuff on your pc.
ComboFix should only be run under guidance of one of the trained malware staff and I thence suggest you have a look here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ and follow these steps. That way we can make sure that all the stuff got off your pc.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users