Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue7

Rogue7

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

i have a soundblaster x-fi gamer edition sound card by creative. this is the second time this has happened to me while on my comp. if it helps this is a new build i just put together a week ago. the wierd thing about this noise is that i can restart and it goes away and doesnt happen agian or atleast from what i have seen so far. this last time it happened i was playing c&c3 and the comp has been for about 3 hours now. i was wondering if anyone has any idea why it makes this noise and how to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

Hey mate. I would suggest ensuring that the card is seated and connected properly on your motherboard. Secondly uninstalling the x-fi software and reinstalling might help. Also download and install the latest drivers for your card.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 Rogue7

Rogue7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

thanks for the info., i will try that and see what happens.

#4 Rogue7

Rogue7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:17 AM

well i checked to see if the card was partially out and it doesnt feel like it or look that way. i also installe dthe latest drivers for it and its still beeping at me. it takes awhile before it come back after reboot. i hope someone knows how to fix this problem it would make my happy to hear my games adn everything with out having ot restart every so often.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

How are the speakers connected? Have you tried a different set of speakers or a set of headphones to make sure its the card?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Rogue7

Rogue7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

well i think its good now... i went to creative labs forms and there were many people with tehsane problem. the solution was to update the asus bios because of some compatibility issues between the creative soundcards and asus mobos..... i updated today and played diablo2 for a few an hour so so and so far nothing has happened..... however i thinki have soem kind of popping cracking noise in the background bu ttha might just be the game. so so far i think everything is good. if something comes up ill let you all know. thanks for hte help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users