Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Ghost - Profile Unable To Load - Xp Sp2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tjw61

tjw61

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

We have used Norton Ghost to ghost around 300 computers. We have used it for years without any issues, until now. We are running into issues while logging in. We get the error that the profile cannot load and you will be logged in using a temp profile. Sometimes shutting it off and restarting corrects this, but not always. I have run UPHClean on it. I have deleted the profile, and also wiped out registry keys related to the profile. We think it maybe related to our wiping out our network and doing a reinstall, and are using images that were made prior. Some of the computers having the issue have images that wereinstalled prior to the network reinstall and some are from computers that were imaged after. Maybe this is our issue? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

tj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

My only experience of using NG is in real DOS mode even though it will run under Windows. This is because running it in real DOS is the only safe way to create an image of a disk or partition on which the oprating system is installed. You should never attempt to do this within Windows, whatever Norton may claim to the contrary. Using it in DOS mode also removes any need for that profile nonsense.

Edited by pip22, 29 September 2007 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users