Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uniblu'es Registry Booster 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adkron

adkron

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

I downloaded Uniblue's Registry Booster 2. After running over 1000 errors were found on my computer. Registry Booster fixed 15 of them and than wanted me to subscribe to their service to fix the rest . I chose not to sign up and want to uninstall your program. When I go to uninstall I am told I can't because your program is running. I can't find a way to turn it off. How do I uninstall your program?

Also I have asked for help in other areas. When I go to my question thread I can not read the replies. How do I do so?

Thanks,

adkon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

Close the RegistryBooster icon from the system tray (next to the System clock) by: Right-clicking on it
Choose “Exit Registry Booster” before attempting to uninstall. Registry Booster is running in the background by default.
Close it and uninstall fromControl Panel.. Add or Remove Programs
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 adkron

adkron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

Thanks,

I will do as you say. I had to do a system recover and that is why the delay in a respoce.

Thanks again,

adkron

#4 adkron

adkron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

Hi Boopme,

I don't have an icon next to my clock but I do have one on my desktop. When I right click it I don't have an “Exit Registry Booster” option. So I still can't stop this annoying program from runing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

adkron

#5 adkron

adkron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

Hi again Boopme,

I can't explain it but an icon suddenly appeared next to my clock. I right clicked it and clicked exit and registry booster disappeared. When I clicked uninstall programs it was not on the list? Maybe because I had requested an unistall previuosly? Anyway I hope it is gone. I'll find out on a reboot.

thanks,

adkron

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hi adkron,
Hope you have it fixed.

To just stop it from loading at startup, Click Start, Run, type .. msconfig
Under the Startup tab, uncheck Uniblue or Registry Booster.

WARNING THIS STEP IS A REGISTRY EDIT ...Making an error here can render your PC unstable. Pleasr read this bleepingcomputer Tutorial Demystifying the Windows Registry
Before running any registry software is to go to Start, Run…, type in REGEDIT then export the entire registry to a file. If you need to revert you can do that with a safe-mode restart and running regedit to import the clean copy of your registry.

Go to regedit and delete the registry key..
Click Start, Run, type.. regedit
Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Uniblue
Right click the Uniblue reg folder and delete.

Also have you scanned for malware?

Edited by boopme, 27 September 2007 - 08:15 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 adkron

adkron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:37 AM

Hi Boopme,

Thanks, this worked.

adkron

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:54 AM

you're welcome adkron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users