Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Your Best Way To Tidy Up Outlook Express 6?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:58 AM

Hi all,

I am using OE6 for my daily operation, I understand it has a limit of 2GB per dbx file??

What i am doing now is moving all the 2006 files (from inbox) to a dbx name 2006.inbox and compact the default inbox an it works fine.

The thing is that I have sup folders and sup sup folders which contain mix of 2006 and 2007 mails inside. Is there a way to move those 2006 emails to the newly created 2006.inbox but with the structure of the sup folders?

Moved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 26 September 2007 - 12:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to ask.

There are various ways of storing and moving .dbx files, regardless of when they were made. There are various ways of backing up all .dbx files to a location other than the store.

OE will not help you sort your emails...you must do that yourself in OE and then either save or use the file structure that you implement within OE.

Sorry for being stupid :thumbsup:.

And...compacting is the only way (other than manually sorting/creating file folders) to tidy up OE.

Louis

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Currently its:

Inbox
- company1
- company2
- company3

etc etc.

Inside company1 there are emails from 2006 and 2007 mixed up.

Is there a way or software to move the 2006 emails ONLY to the 2006.inbox but with the folder named company1 along with it?

Thanks for all reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users