Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attracting Visitors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:49 AM

So we have started a new forum for gamers.

The problem is, we need members and activity! There are currently only 13 members.

Are there any suggestions for advertising? Does anyone know how to expand a small site to a large site like BC?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hey!

Most times it's just word of mouth. A lot of forums, if not ALL of forums I've ever joined are because someone told me. Put the link to your forum in your sig of any forum you belong to and if you know of any friends who happen to like video games, let them know about it.

Also, if you have AIM or any other messenger service or any other site where you have a profile or anything, include a link there. Try to get it out as much as possible. Be warned though, that as much as you want to get it out there, don't force it down someone's throat either. If it's a good site, people that belong to your site will start sharing it to their friends without even thinking.

I hope this helped! :thumbsup:

Good luck!
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 annabackwards

annabackwards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply, Noot

Will follow your advice :thumbsup:
Posted Image