Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning To Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:07 AM

One of my kids wanted some video of skateboarders, so I downloaded quite a few small free clips but am having a problem burning them to DVD.

They are .mov, .mp4, .wmv, and .m4v formats. I have quite a few burning programs both downloaded and preinstalled but none seem to want to work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

I think you have to convert those files before you burn, I'm not that savvy with video. I got a guide for maybe what you want to do http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/268285, there is a trial for the software or you could Google for a free video converter.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

What do they want to do with the video clips? Use them for a school project??
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

See if this will help, rowal
How to convert and author a DVD with DVD Flick

DVD Flick is the all-in-one tool that can convert:
AVI to DVD, FLV to DVD, HDMOV to DVD, MKV to DVD, MJPG to DVD, MPG to DVD, M2V to DVD, MP4 to DVD, M4V to DVD, NSV to DVD, NUT to DVD, QT to DVD, MOV to DVD, RM to DVD, SMK to DVD, OGM to DVD, WMV to DVD, ASF to DVD, 3GP to DVD, 3G2 to DVD.
DVD Flick supports DVD Authoring, ISO image creating, DVD burning also in one tool. It is free software.

System requirements
# A Pentium or AMD K-6 processor. Pentium 3 or later recommended, the faster the better.
# 64 MB of free physical RAM, 128 MB or more is recommended.
# Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP (Professional or Home), Windows Vista

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

Thanks Tg1911: I know this isn't my thread,but I like the looks of the software and easy guide much better than what I come up with. Going to download this one.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:19 AM

You're welcome, dribdrab.
Glad to help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:48 AM

Thanks all. Appreciated.

Last night I tried DVD Flick (thank you YourHighness) and after a few mistakes managed to get 3 DVDs burned off to RWs. Will just copy them now which should be fairly straight forward.

One thing is that the original clips were pretty small but burned out to full screen with corresponding degradation. There didn't appear to be any option to fix the finished size. Any ideas?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#8 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

Have just printed off the instruction sheets, thanks tg.

One strange thing that happened earlier, was that although FLICK says it is an all in one tool, IMGBURN automatically jumped into the act to do the actual burning. Looks as though I have some reading to do. (When all else fails, read the instructions. LOL)

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users