Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Internet Payment - Vunerable Victim Newbie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

Internet and
I have always been very reluctant buy online from Ebay and all the rest.

What, in all your opinions, is the best / secure method or company?

Is there a payment / billing service thay can be used through both IE7 and Firefox, which can be used for all internet payments??

The only other option I see is to have to setup individual payment banking details for each site, (soemehow I can't imagine this.)

What is CCbill ? Is this the type of service I'm after?

Living in South Africa limits our product range and is way more expensive too. Henc.e, having refrained from internet shopping, I'm eager to getting started.

Cheers all Nat
:thumbsup: :flowers:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

That's not how it works. CCBill is a service set up by an individual vendor to allow you to pay over the internet to that vendor. You don't set up anything. Paypal is the most common because it's owned by eBay and is the easiest to set up. Once you open a Paypal account, that's it. You can pay anyone who accepts Paypal. I've been using Paypal since 2001 and have never had a problem with it. Back then it was a pain for foreigners to use (I'm in Canada). Today it's a lot easier. Some payment services accept only credit cards. With Paypal, you can pay by credit card or debit. The bottom line is at some point you're going to have to trust someone that you can use over the internet regardless. Paypal & CCBill are both legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users