Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Slow Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex1958

alex1958

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hi , I have a problem ;
When my PC startup it take 5 minutes between the windows's logo and my desktop , and the blue sign in the windows's logo runs 25-30 times and that is too long and I don't know why..????
With Kasprsky antivirus and Ad-Aware se pro I found nothing..

MY COMPUTER IS :
Celeron ® CPU 1.70 GHz
1.70 GHz , 0.99 GB of RAM
Windows XP SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

.99 GB of ram? That is strange. Is that what it says when you go into the properties of My Computer?

Have you gone through the startup database and disabled any programs you do not need? It could be that you just have to many programs starting automatically.

You can also try this guide:

Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware

#3 jlib

jlib

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:35 AM

Hi,

My original reply to this was removed as I think it was thought I was trying to promot a commercial tool, however, rather than me mentioning the tool or point you to their website, I have simply copied the article instead from the site as this might help your PC start faster. (its only an option to try) - here is the extract (removing the product name or site link)

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:37 AM

Hi Jlib. I had to remove this as it is copyrighted to another site.

Feel free to post a link to the article like you previously did.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users