Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mirrored Raid Question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bradk

bradk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

Question is; will a mirrored raid work correctly with drives where the data has been ghosted outside the raid then installed into a raid 1 data server?

Because the copy process can take so long with large hard drives for years when installing a mirrored raid on a data server, to save time Iíve been ghosting the data drives outside the raid then installing the drives and just starting the mirrored raid with auto rebuild enabled but without copying.

Recently I installed a mirrored NAS server and learned that with a NAS the mirrored raid has to be built through copying process from a source drive in the NAS.

This made me question whether the same is true for a normal mirrored raid. I have asked a number of my normal networking friends and no one seems to know for sure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users