Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Createprocess Failed; Code 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Ok so i downloaded this program off the internet and im trying to install it and everytime i do i get an error saying "CreateProcess failed; code 5". Not quite sure what this means but it sucks. I have used this program before and it never had a problem until now. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and ran a virus scan and found nothing. After the installation Kaspersky doesnt find anything but AVG free does. Its called Trojan Horse Sheur.nxd. But when I uninstall the program the virus goes away (or at least it seems to). I also ran a spyware scan with superspysweeper and it found nothing. Not quite sure what to do. Can somebody explain this. Thanks so much in advance! :huh:

Edited by Dr. Joe, 24 September 2007 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

can somebody please help me :huh: :huh:

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

What program causes this behavior?
Have you tried any of the free, online scans ( I suggest http://safety.live.com and http://housecall.trendmicro.com )
Have you tried these topics:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Edited by usasma, 26 September 2007 - 11:24 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

thank god for you usasma......yea i tried safety.live.com and got the error ""0x0C600C03" whatever that is. The program I am trying to install is called Hopster. Now before you get mad, I want you to know that the reason i have to get this installed is because my professor told us to in order to download lecture notes and practice tests from his website that is blocked by the campus firewall. Its definitely not for p2p if thats what you are thinking. I couldnt do p2p anyway because they have a bandwith monitor so even if i had tried I would get blocked. So what happened was that I was using this program for a few weeks with no problems and then I got this message from AVG saying that Hopster has the Sheur.nxd virus. When I uninstalled Hopster and run scans in safemode and regular mode using AVG, Kaspersky, and a couple online ones but I dont find any viruses or anything. I also use superantispyware for my spyware scan and it didnt find anything. When I go to Hopster's website it says theres a couple hundred people online so I know it works. I just cant figure out what Createprocess Failed; code 5 is and how to fix it. Hopefully you got the answer.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:15 PM

I can't access the Hopster website - but the Code 5 is usually an access denied error (from a google for the term). So, I'm wondering if Hopster is Vista compatible - and if, when you installed it, you ran it with the compatibility wizard.

It's also possible that there is a corruption in your Vista install - but I'd think that it was less likely than the compatibility issue.

As for the AVG report, I'd suggest seeing if any others have this problem - it's possible that it's a false postive, or it's possible that it did have a virus and it's removal by AVG broke something within Vista.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

I really doubt that vista is corrupt because other programs I download and install work fine. Its only this program thats giving me issues. As far as compatability, I used it for about two weeks before all this happened and it was working fine. So I dont think its a compatibility issue. Is there a way to access a firewall or something so I can give my self permission to use the program? The computer im using is my own personal laptop so im obviously the admin, owner, operator, god of this computer so I dont know why it wouldnt give me access. Any ideas?

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:47 PM

Dr. Joe,

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users