Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Operating System

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zkcfire

zkcfire

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

hey guys a i really need some help. I restarted my other computer and got the message error loading operating system. its a hp pavillion xt963. ive tried using the f10 option but it dosnt work. please help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:15 AM

Did you make any changes to your computer just before this problem started?

Here are some suggestions:

Error Loading Operating System
Error loading Operating System after Windows XP setup
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

I believe that can indicate a corrupt MBR or a pooched NTFS file system.

I would try fixmbr or fixboot and see what happens.

Louis

#4 zkcfire

zkcfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

i dont know how to do any of that stuff. The only thing i see is the blue start up screen and the n the message so how would i check the bios

#5 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

You will want first try to boot your computer into Safe Mode or using the Last Known Good Configuration to see if you can replicate a more descriptive error. Most likely you will probably get an error referencing the boot.ini, ntoskrnl.exe, or ntldr files.

Power on your computer and press [F8] after you get the Compaq splash screen - just keep hitting the button, if the computer beeps at you, then you know its registering the input. That should bring up the Alternate boot menu selection screen.

If you are unable to boot into Safe Mode or boot using the Last Known Good Configuration, refer to the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...r.mspx?mfr=true

The link above will explain how to use the fixmbr command line utility, it also contains related links to the Recovery Console information page as well as the fixboot command line utility information page.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users