Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarms Password?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Paniconthenet

Paniconthenet

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

I bought a used computer from a estate auction for a really good price, bought it for my girlfriend. I get it home to set it up and Zone Alarms is all kinds of screwed up. I tried to take it off and it says i have to have a password and wont let me uninstall it. Can anyone help me out? There isn't much to know about the computer. its an older dell, laptop, cant even get on the internet with it... please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sagacity83

Sagacity83

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

There is a way of doing it, but I don't know if i would be breaking a forum rule. Is it okay to help him out Admins?
Gateway GM5076e, Pentium D CPU 3.20GHZ, 2.1GB of RAM, 465GB SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
256MB, Windows XP Media Center SP2, Mozilla Firefox, McAfee Security Center, AdAwareSE, F-Secure Blacklight, A-squared Free.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

My first question would be...did you also buy the license for activation?

If so, the best thing to do would be to do a clean install. I guess I don't understand buying a computer with someone else's files (and troubles) on it.

Louis

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

My recommendation on computers purchased used is to format the hard drive and re install everything.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Paniconthenet

Paniconthenet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

no i didnt. like i stated, i bought it at an estate sale. A gentleman there said if it had problems to call him and he would work on them for me, he has since stated that zonealarms is not his concern and that he wont work on that problem. so, spend 110 bucks on an ok computer, and now it just sits.

#6 Paniconthenet

Paniconthenet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

i got nothing but the laptop and a bag for it. so, i guess i dont have much going for me here do i?

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Have to agree with Oldf@rt. You saved money, so you might as well splurge for an OS. You can always try the old standby password, admin
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 Paniconthenet

Paniconthenet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

admin didn't work, this is the biggest mess i have ever dealt with

#9 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hello Paniconthenet,

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less purposeful reasons.
It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a private message. Thank you for your understanding.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users