Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video capture.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 caton_phil

caton_phil

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

Can someone here give me good advice???.
I am wanting to buy a cheap capture card. All I want to do with it is capture video from a video player and convert to DVD. Can anyone advise on the best one to buy for just this purpose??
Thanks!

Phil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:51 AM

I'd advise getting a hardware encoder, which means the card does all the hard work and your PC if free for you to use.

Leadtek
I've got this.

Hauppauge

From what I've read the Hauppauge cards have a macrovision decoder inbuilt, which means you shouldn't need a seperate box to remove macrovision. Just search for Provision Macrovision on google.co.uk

Personally I'd stay away from the cheap software encoders at about 25-40 and get a slightly more expensive hardware encoder.

#3 caton_phil

caton_phil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:26 AM

Thanks! It is good to get an idea of what is required. I see there is a Leadtek one on ebay, will try for that.
Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users