Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Valera Virus Affecting My Pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chocolover

chocolover

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Kindly guide me on how to remove valera from my pc, for your information, I am using Macfee virus protection which shown that the virus waslocated at temporary internet files and could not be cleaned or removed. I noticed that since the time the virus affected my PC, the system has been working very slow and new 2 virus was also discovered but reportedly cleaned. The names of the new 2 viruses are: cmd.com and net.com
Will aprreciate any useful information in this regards
Oba

Edited by TMacK, 23 September 2007 - 01:09 PM.
Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

Try running your AV in Safe Mode. This might allow Macfee to be able to quarantine or remove the virus.
Let us know if you still get the same kind of message from your AV.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

Along with following John's advice to run your antivirus in Safe Mode, try running ATF Cleaner to remove the virus from your temporary files, choose the "Select All" option, then "Empty Selected". This program also works best in Safe Mode, so I recommend running it just before you scan with your antivirus software.
Note: This will delete all of your temp files, and any saved passwords you have will be lost.

Download Brute Force Uninstaller.
  • Unzip it to a folder of its own (c:\BFU).
  • Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe
  • Next to 'scriptfile to execute' you'll see a little icon like this: Posted Image
  • When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: 'Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute'
  • In the field, copy and paste this:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu
[/list]
  • Click OK.
  • Then click Execute to run the script.
  • Wait for the 'complete script execution' box to popup and press OK.
  • Press Exit to terminate the BFU program.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users