Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloader, Virtumonde, Fotomoto, Oh My

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marie1208

marie1208

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Attached File  analyse_9_22_07.log   12.21KB   9 downloadsI broke the virus warning rules by clicking on something I shouldn’t have...supposedly a link from a friend in my AIM buddy list. Now I am slowing losing applications, one by one. I fear every day I will wake up and nothing will work on my computer!

Originally it was just Norton notifying me that it had blocked Downloader and Virtumonde. However, whatever I “have” is now affecting applications; specifically Ad-aware 2007, Spybot, EasyCleaner, Skype, VPN Client, and possibly other programs as well. When I click on these applications, I receive a Microsoft “...has encountered a problem and needs to close” error. When I click any of the buttons (debug, send error report, don’t send), my computer locks up.

Have backed up to external hard drive all my data files (I hope) and program files (I hope). I ran a virus scan on the external. Happily, I did not find any issues, so I disconnected my external drive from my PC until this is resolved. Ad-Aware did not pick up on the Downloader and Virtumonde. However, Spybot did, I clicked fix and presumed they would be deleted. That was not the case. I also regularly run EasyCleaner to remove all of my temporary internet files, which usually are lots because I enjoy surfing the Web!

At this point, I’m definitely affected by Virtumonde, forkonce (System Optimizer), Trojan Downloader,Trojan.Clicker.Agent.NP, Trojan.Fotomoto.e, but I suspect there are more issues than just these few.

Have run Norton, Kaspersky, Panda, McAfee, BitDefender, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Fixvundo, Vundofix over the past 3 days. My fear is that I’ve run so much and deleted so much I may have accidentally deleted items which would affect my programs. However, I have tried re-installing all of my affected programs, and they still do not work.

Ideally I would like to get rid of every infection on my computer and then back up my whole computer to my external drive, disconnect external, and then maybe start fresh with system restore (or even get all software from Dell and do a complete system restore).

The computer is a Dell Dimension E510 with a 80GB hard drive, 3000 MHz, with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz processor, Microsoft Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 2, 504MB of RAM.

Attached is my hijackthis log. I sure would appreciate your advice! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:
It's much easier to review your log if you copy and paste the text directly into your post as opposed to attaching it as a file. Please do not attach logs.

Please download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.
Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.

Important Note - Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users