Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email - Is It Html?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katyrosess

katyrosess

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have just recently changed service providers and now have Outlook Express. When someone sends me an email it looks fine on the screen but when I print, it comes out with <DIV><FONT> face=Arial and all sorts of other stuff among the wording of my received email. In fact a four sentence email can take two pages of paper to print. Is this an HTML issue (not that I know anything about that). Can I configure my emails? This is with all emails not just from a specific person. I have had to copy and paste to notepad to have a short readable email - but it seems odd that i just can't copy the email(with headers) as sen on the screen.
Much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

You may wish to change OE to showing E-mails as plain text if you are having problems with copying the text easily to another application.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 katyrosess

katyrosess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. I changed my outlook express to plain text and grabbed an old email from my saved box and printed it. It still came through the printer with all the tags? throughout it. Do I need to wait for a new email to try it? Could it be that I need to configure my printer somehow?

As mentioned, when I had aol, I just clicked print and the email as seen on the screen came through the printer exactly. Hmm. I appreciate all help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users