Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Going to re-install XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Exspider

Exspider

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:28 AM

I currently have an illegal copy of XP Professional and plan to replace it with an OEM copy that can only be purchased when you buy a MOBO or drive from my vendor. I had purchased all of my components from these guys so I got it for $160.
Using an Asus K8V SE MOBO with 2 120 gig SATA drives. The first drive has a small partition with 98SE on it that I use for gaming. It is dual booted using a partitioning program called Master Booter. Is there any way I can save the 98SE OS or do I need to hit it with Fdisk and kill the whole thing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks BC
Your friends and the numbers all add up, we're just here to count them.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:57 AM

Just install xp into the other partition. Should pick up the other operating system and dual boot it on its own

#3 mena661

mena661

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:29 PM

Do you really need to use 98SE for your gaming? WinXP has FAR better memory management.

#4 Exspider

Exspider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

Motorhead won't do a high enough frame rate with XP & IL-2 Sturmovik works better running under 98SE also. Kind of a moot point as I don't actually use the games anymore. It was quite the process using Virtual Drive & getting this stuff installed. So I think I'll leave the 98SE OS for now. Doesn't hurt me much on storage- 2 120 Gig SATA drives. A friend helped with installation last time and provided the Master Booter partitioning program. I have done some research and won't have any problems with that one. I'm not into games much anymore so what the hay, if I muck it up it won't matter.
Thanks for taking the time to reply mena661. Good site isn't it?
See ya on the Flip Flop.
Your friends and the numbers all add up, we're just here to count them.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users