Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Last Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dancedance

dancedance

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

Has anyone heard of Last XP? I'm trying to learn more information about it. I've recently come across it, and really like the way the OS works. I'm wondering if it's legit, and if so, where I might be able to find it. The only thing I've found relating to downloads of Last XP involve Torrents which I'm not familiar with---figured I should consult with people first.

Any advice/ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:16 PM

My opinion, if you don't understand torrents, don't use one. While Torrents themselves are legit, a great deal of what is transferred with them are not. They are also susceptible to viruses and corrupt or missing files. This is my opinion. You'll have others swear by them
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Midtown1672

Midtown1672

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

garmanma is right. Last Xp is just as mistrusting in torrents as direct links. You have to be very careful with what you download. If you really want it, I would suggest you scan whatever you download and after installion because sometimes the .iso will have files in it that are corrupted or viruses.

#4 dancedance

dancedance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:03 AM

Thanks, your comments are pretty much what I was thinking--I've had some computer issues lately with an XP computer so I recently bought (and shortly after, returned) a Vista computer. I've since reformatted my original.

Right now things are going smoothly with the XP OS after a reformat...so I think I'll play by the "If it's not broke, don't fix it" theory.

Thanks for your input! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users