Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scrolling Issue On Web

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dancedance

dancedance

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

I have recently reformatted my computer and done everything in my power to locate an answer on the web for this question. It's hard to put into words, which makes it difficult to search. When I am on the internet (regardless of browser: Opera, Firefox, IE) if I scroll down, the entire screen adjusts by 3 lines continuously. It makes it impossible to continue reading an article as you scroll down because the entire page seems to re-adjust itself until the scrolling has caught up with itself. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? It doesn't happen on any other computer I've tested. What can I do to fix it? I've explored "smooth scrolling," options, those do not make a difference with regards to this issue.

Any help would be amazing! This scroll issue is enough to give you a headache watching it!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

After you re-installed Windows, did you update the video drivers? If not, do so-that MIGHT clear up the problem you are having.

#3 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

Seen this before on one of my computers. The screen refresh rate was out of sync.
Right click on your desktop, this will open up Display Properties. >settings > advanced > monitor. increase your screen refresh rate. A little trial an error will bring you the desired results.

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#4 dancedance

dancedance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

Thank you Queen-Evie!! You were exactly right! I completely forgot about the whole driver re-installation!!!

Thank you so much for such a fast and helpful reply to my post!!!!
:thumbsup: :flowers:

Tony, I will definitely keep an eye on that solution as well if this doesn't hold! Thanks to both of you!

Edited by dancedance, 22 September 2007 - 06:06 PM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

I'm glad it worked for you Dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users