Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fps Dipping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyrus9669

Cyrus9669

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:47 PM

A month ago, my games have started to dip in FPS sporadically.

I have a Duo Core processor, Geforce 8600 GT, 1GB RAM, and have my VRAM on my secondary harddive. I've defragged my computer many times, and tried uninstalling CachemanXP (It actually got worse, so I reinstalled it) This happens on ALL games on the computer, regardless if it's graphic intensive or not. Before a month ago, I had great FPS on all games, so I'm not sure what happened.

EDIT: My GFX driver is updated, and minimal processes and services on, by the way

Please assist me, it's ruining my gaming enjoyment :thumbsup:

Edited by Cyrus9669, 22 September 2007 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jkilmnop

jkilmnop

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

Your memory could have gone bad; You may need a new video card. Or...your computer is upset due to you looking at inappropriate content...lol, just kidding. Check out those two things, if the problem persists let me know, my friend CK could probably tell you exactly what to do.
Jeffrey Toro

Life is like taking a ride on the road. You really can't stop in the middle of it to check a map, doing so might cause you to take unnecessary risks. Just keep up with what's going on around you and have fun in life.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

cacheman made a lot of sense with W95, less with W98 and none with windows xp

try to set your minimum swap file to a gig and max unlimited

if the secondary hard drive is sharing a cable/controller with the system drive that hurts performance

try to free up system resources/real memory with your OS/resident programs first

deleting the swap file and rebooting and reseting it will help with fragmentation

leaving a small swap file on the system drive will also help

with graphics drivers it's best to clean them up totally and reinstall the latest version

Edited by DaChew, 26 November 2007 - 12:05 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users