Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spoolsv.exe Problems

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:31 AM

this problem started a few days ago but i didn't notice it until it started getting annoying. everytime i try to shut down my computer, it gives me the end program crap for spoolsv.exe. is there anyway i can make it go away so i can just shut down my computer in peace? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Do you use a printer? Perhaps a print job isn't complete for whatever reason. If yes, try updating the printer driver or uninstall/reinstall. There's an off-chance it could also be a virus. It would be best to make sure your anti-virus program is updated and run a scan
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

well you see i have two computers. the computer im on is having the problems now. its the one not connected to the printer so i dont know why it would be that. but i checked anyway and i dont see anything in the printing queue. then i went back to this computer and performed a full system scan. it found one trojan and it deleted it but that wasnt that problem. any other ideas guys? :thumbsup:

#4 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

You could try this,Try Here.

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#5 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

lol thanks man but i already have similar programs to that.

#6 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

sigh.. :thumbsup: this is really bugging me. anyone else have any ideas? i cant shut down or restart in peace because that annoying end program thing keeps popping up each time. and its only for spoolsv.exe

Edited by tl2e3le4f, 23 September 2007 - 04:12 AM.

#7 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:12 AM

i tried disabling the service in msconfig and in services too. it didnt work. so far the only way i can do this is ending the program spoolsv.exe when my comp starts so it wont give that message when i shutdown later.

#8 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hi tl2e3le4f.

Yes, there is a simple way to shut down without annoying "hung application" pop-ups that demand your approval:

Brutus 2006

This free utility can add Restart, Logout and Shutdown icons to your Desktop and/or QuickLaunch bar. The Brutus Control Panel allows you to determine how hung applications can be handled. Choose Terminate hung applications and Try to end applications automatically.

This utility is a real gem. The popups will still occur, but Brutus will force a shutdown, logout or restart anyway.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas...ibrary/spoolsv/

Louis

#10 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

thanks for the all help guys but i think theres only one way of fixing this. i have to manually end task on spoolsv.exe when i start up my comp. i tried disabling it in services and msconfig but it always starts up no matter what.

#11 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:39 AM

Do a search on your hard drive for any Spoolsv.exe files and post back the results. Some malware like to use this file.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#12 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

what do you mean? how do i search for files that are using spoolsv.exe?

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

What I mean is, search your hard drive for the Spoolsv.exe file to find where it is located. It should be at C:\Windows\System32. If you find it anywhere else then you probably have malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#14 tl2e3le4f

tl2e3le4f
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:05 AM

ok i searched it and i found three results. one was in application data\microsoft. another was in prefetch. and one in system32

#15 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:11 AM

Okay. I'm not saying that you definitely have malware, but we need to rule out that possibility before trying other things to fix the problem. What you should do is upload each of the three Spoolsv.exe files to Jotti for analysis.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users